Trail riders.

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
Bodak
Heirophant

Trail riders.

Unread post by Bodak »

Thought I'd better come out from under the Doona and have a meaningful post.

I'm not sure whats allowed and whats not but the first is a composite of two images that were shot on different days.
The reason for this was that I wanted riders in the scene. I struck it lucky a day or two later.
I liked the lighting and clouds in the first image so decided to just add the riders..
This has been shopped so am a little reluctant to hit the submit button.

The second shot is yours truly, nothing spectacular but it is a face to a name..

David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Re: Trail riders.

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

Lovely shots, dogs add to both. The self-portrait looks as if it belongs in a time before digital. I think that composite shots are acceptable, but I have not done this often. Newspaper photographers have been sacked for less. The latest version of Photoshop has a plugin which lets you remove unwanted empty spaces in scenes by compressing them up intelligently. I think it's fine if you have a group, and there was a big space left for no reason, to move the people closer together - but to do the same with buildings or mountains is not acceptable.

David
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Welcome. Great shots Bodak. I'm not sure I would have been able to tell the first was a composite so the processing must be effective! Lovely portrait. Looking forward to more pictures.
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Both shots are great but if I have to pick one, I'll go for the second. It's great (I mean the photo) :D

Remembered 2 jokes which I'll post in the appropriate section "Jokes and Photo Funnies".
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
KevinBarrett
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by KevinBarrett »

We'll call the first image a "Time-lapse HDR." Welcome to the forum!
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --
Bodak
Heirophant

Unread post by Bodak »

Thank you for the welcome and pleased that what I do has passed.

Both images are really an attempt to make something out of nothing.
My mate has been tripping around the world for the past six weeks while I have been looking after his dog.
This is an area that I can let them run free and just dragged the camera along for my own amusement.