Photographing from Portugal ...

Do you have a pBase or Flickr gallery? Stage your show here with links.
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
PedroDuarte
Initiate

Photographing from Portugal ...

Unread post by PedroDuarte »

Hello to all,
i leave you with my Flickr photostream. Some of the photos there are part of experiments of the A550 ... so you will see some "weird" photos sometimes :D

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24358740@N07/

Hope you enjoy it. I will keep updating the page. The problem is that it has been raining all the time so ... not much i could do without a sealed camera ;)
Pedro Duarte
Working with: Sony A550 with: Minolta 24mm f2.8 & 100-200 f4.5, CZ 16-80, Sony 50mm f1.4 and Metz 48 AF-1
Flickr photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/24358740@N07
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Re: Photographing from Portugal ...

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

Some unusual colours Pedro and the HDR seems to work well - not had too much chance to use it yet, mainly shooting raw. But I sent a small A550 submission to Alamy.com on Monday, including ISO 1600 racecourse action shots and some night shots, and they were accepted which is good as ISO 1600 has not been likely to pass their inspection in the past.

David
PedroDuarte
Initiate

Re: Photographing from Portugal ...

Unread post by PedroDuarte »

David,
thank you for you comment.

I've been experiment with some graduated nd filters and HDR exposures.
I'm not a big fan of high ISO shots. Although i've used for testing purposes and i was really surprised.

I'm still learning the do's and don't in photography so that's why i say they are mainly experiments. Lots of photos were shot with different exposures and mask them with parts i like and i don't :)

Some of them have PP too ... so, as i said, experimenting :)

I must take an entire day to go hicking and get some photos. Those are mainly snapshots of the moment. Just to understand the lack of time and the weather, i bought a cullmann magnesium tripod and didn't have time to try it ... and i received it like, one month ago :)

But i'm really enjoying the camera, for real :) My next camera will be a Sony for sure. I bought the A550 just as a good camera to learn photography once again and to get used to Sony system.

As far as HDR, i'm still trying to understand the best method to take HDR photos.
I found that taking an underexposed photo works better to get that HDR feeling. All the photos i took with correct exposure looked somehow "weird".

What technique do use to take the HDR shots?

regards from Portugal
Pedro.
Pedro Duarte
Working with: Sony A550 with: Minolta 24mm f2.8 & 100-200 f4.5, CZ 16-80, Sony 50mm f1.4 and Metz 48 AF-1
Flickr photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/24358740@N07