Hello, I'm from The Netherlands.

Introduce yourself and meet fellow Photoclubalpha members
mschlosser
Acolyte

Hello, I'm from The Netherlands.

Unread post by mschlosser »

Hello to you all. It's time for me to introduce myself inhere. Shooting along with my A700 and several lenses.
Started DSLR with the KM5D and later bought the A700 as a kit with the 16-80ZA.
Still learning alot and I sometimeshave tips for others.
I'm just an amateur who likes photography.
Bought a Pany TZ5 for more convenient carry, but after V4 I hardly leave the A700 at home.
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Re: Hello, I'm from The Netherlands.

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

Hi and welcome! I am sure you'll be asked to put up a few pictures here. Just the right time for capturing autumn colours, I think (southern Scotland is always a bit late, ours are best at the end of October).

David
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

A big welcome from me too and you have lots of photos on your site. So give us some time to look. :D
By the way, some really nice photos you've got there.
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
mschlosser
Acolyte

Thank you David,

Ofcourse I will put up pictures here, just that I almost exclusive shoot xfine jpg with the A700 contrary to the KM5D where I only shot RAW.
Gotten a bit lazy, don't want to PP, just resize. Glad this is good possible with the A700. It's easy to forget just that setting that gave that particular look. I wish there was a screenshot of the information displayed on the camera LCD saved with every shot.

Thank you Dr. Harout.

Trying my best. Mostly they could be much better. The A700-16-80CZ combo is just such wonderfull equipment.
So are the Minolta 50mm 1.4's (old and new) which I love most.
Being at the right time and place is hard sometimes.
KevinBarrett
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by KevinBarrett »

Hooray! Another a700 jpg shooter! I was beginning to think I was the last! What kind of kit have you got assembled there besides the 16-80 and the 50/1.4?
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --
mschlosser
Acolyte

Hello Kevin,

Don't worry, there are plenty of A700 jpg shooters. The A700 is a wonderfull jpg camera. Personally I like the jpg much more then the raw's. When in doubt I shoot raw + jpg but almost never use the raw afterwards. Tweaking and thinking and reshooting on site is much more appealing to me than hours of PP at the PC.

My gear consists of the Sony-Zeiss 16-80ZA, Minolta 50mm 1.4 (old + RS, like the old one more), beercan, big beercan, KM 11-18mmDT, KM 28-57 2.8, KM 18-70kit, KM 75-300kit, Minolta 70-210 4.5-5.6, vertical grip VGC70AM and HVLF56AM flashgun.
The Minolta 50mm 1.4 is my most loved lens, with an old rubber sunshade and it's old feelings on this hightec A700, just wonderfull combo.

Since short a B/W outdoorcase type 40, water and dustproof. Have for differet bag sizes already.

Do have a Pany TZ5 for more convenient carry but its hard to leave the A700 at home.

What more lenses do you have and use?

Greetings,
Math.
KevinBarrett
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by KevinBarrett »

I've got the 50/1.7, the beercan, the Sony 18-70, and a Tamron 17-50/2.8 to do weddings along with the F56 flash. As a newlywed I'm not very rapidly expanding the kit, but I'm waiting for Tamron's new 10-24 to make it into A-mount before I make any purchases. I lied--I'll probably pick up that vertical grip before I shoot my next wedding.

I love using that 50mm on the a700. My other lenses can't touch it for sharpness and, of course, the bokeh is always stunning. I haven't tried the 50/1.4 on my camera yet, it's a bit too much to justify when I've already got the 1.7--my wife would think I'd gone off the deep end, and I'd surely have to take her shopping.

I shoot jpg mostly because I don't well enough how to get the best results out of raw conversion and have enough work on my plate just doing levels on jpgs. I suppose I'd benefit by learning, but I don't want to turn photography into a chore.
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --