Hi All!

Introduce yourself and meet fellow Photoclubalpha members
Sol
Acolyte

Hi All!

Unread post by Sol »

Can't believe it's taken me this long to join the PhotoClubAlpha community, but better late than never right?! :)

I believe I know a number of you all from the other forums. Thank you for having me here as well.

-Sol

SolarviewPhoto.com
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

Sol, if you are producing that stuff you have on your website with Alpha, then you have a guaranteed place in our Photoworld magazine for a portfolio - whether the Artography or the architectural (the seniors Artography doesn't gel with UK sociey at all since we have no such market or culture - especially the sports - pity in a way, but it is an entire market 100 per cent absent from the UK).

David
Sol
Acolyte

Hey David, . . . All A-mount.

Unread post by Sol »

David Kilpatrick wrote:Sol, if you are producing that stuff you have on your website with Alpha, then you have a guaranteed place in our Photoworld magazine for a portfolio - whether the Artography or the architectural (the seniors Artography doesn't gel with UK sociey at all since we have no such market or culture - especially the sports - pity in a way, but it is an entire market 100 per cent absent from the UK).

David
But not the A100 (I've been holding out for the upper models). All the images on the site, were shot with two 7D bodies and a variety of mostly Minolta lenses.
FYI, a number of those racing and wildlife panning images were shot hand-held. Including at least a few birding images that were the 300 SSM with the 1.4 TC. Tell me in-body AS doesn't work well. 8)
Thank you for the kind words.

And yes, it is indeed weird how big high school sports are here. :)

-Sol

7D - 2ct.
300 2.8 SSM
70-200 2.8 SSM
1.4x TC APO D
100 2.8 Macro
85 1.4 D
KM 28-75 2.8
Sigma 12-24 EX
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

Actually, 7D is fully eligible, we cover all Minolta cameras back to 1937 :-) I'll email you in due course, but if you want to prepare a set of your more unique work (the Artphoto material in particular) and send it to us, we would use some/it.

David