New member from Northamptonshire

Introduce yourself and meet fellow Photoclubalpha members
jmbillings

New member from Northamptonshire

Unread post by jmbillings »

Hi...
Just found this forum via the Dyxum ones, so thought I'd join up.

I had a Minolta 500Si Super Film SLR for some years, and at the beginning of this year I upgraded to the Sony A100.
I'm not pro by any shot, although once I feel good enough I'd like to make roads towards a bit of part time income (you know, pictures for calendars etc... no idea how to start tho!).

Anyway, I use the kit 18-70mm lens, and I also have a Sigma 70-300APO and a 2x teleconverter. Also got a collection of Cokin filters (some of which I don't really use these days as they are a bit too o.t.t, however they are only "A" size, so I reckon i'll soon update to a larger size for just the ones I use most...

Ummm
Anyway, you can visit my website to see some of my pictures; a lot of the "places" stuff was done with the film camera, but the lake Garda ones are with the Sony, as are the A100 page ones (er, obviously :))
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

Hi - nice pix, slightly unusual website (oddly chaotic with the overlaid slide and loads of Google ads in the middle of paras of text). The small blue lake is unexpected, like glacial waters. We did Lake Garda in one day 'one side only' and back through the very alpine hills to the north a couple of years ago; it certainly presents many problems with light, contrast and colour and it's very hard to capture the sense of scale.

David