Hello form Doncaster

Introduce yourself and meet fellow Photoclubalpha members
Legend Liam
Acolyte

Hello form Doncaster

Unread post by Legend Liam »

Hello all,
I'm Liam from Doncaster, UK and i'm 16. I don't know alot about photography, hence me being on a photography collage course, but i am learning week by week. I'm also addicted to the classic Mini and other classic cars.

I have a host of equipmment, these include :
Sony Alpha 300
Tripod a £12 argos job
Polerizer filter
Star effects filter
UV filter
Macro Lens kit thing (flebay)
Praktic BX20
3 Flash guns (1's broke, 1's a big one, 1's a minolta fixed head)

Visit my website and photobuket (in signiture) for a few examples of my work. I hope i can improve over the next year or so.
I think thats it.
Liam .A.
Dusty
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Re: Hello form Doncaster

Unread post by Dusty »

Welcome aboard! It exciting to have Legend around!

Dusty
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

Hi Liam. When I was 16 I was at Maltby Grammar School (it was actually a comprehensive, but they kept the old name for the snob value, which was scarce in Maltby). I joined Three Hills Photographic society, which was active then in Thrybergh, and of course had members from Conisbrough. Although most members were in their 30s or older (some very old) it was a good experience. I don't know if it still exists but it was a small group, unlike Doncaster and Rotherham PSs, so able to be fairly individual. I can recommend camera club membership, it's very frustrating when you are half the age of most of them, but it's a competitive thing and you learn fast.

I gather Conisbrough and the old industrial corridor down to Wath-on-Dearne has all changed beyond recognition now.

Here's a shot taken at Conisbrough Castle in 1972, when I was 20 and had just started work at The Star (they had a Rotherham office, where I spent a year). I had a motorbike and could get round pretty quickly, so en route between stories I was always taking pix.

I guess that you can still see old blokes in flat caps and black suits (not Sunday best, everyday) just the same way you can go to Spain or Greece and see little old ladies in black today - when I first went to Spain in 1968, I remember thinking that these little old ladies would all be gone soon, there was no way the younger generation would ever turn into the same thing. Well, I was wrong. They did.

David
Legend Liam
Acolyte

Unread post by Legend Liam »

Cheers the the welcome and that pic is barly recognisible as conisbrough castle now-a-days.
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

A big welcome from me too, Liam. :D
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr