Greeting from Newcastle

Introduce yourself and meet fellow Photoclubalpha members
drluap

Greeting from Newcastle

Unread post by drluap »

Hi Folks – I’m based in Newcastle upon Tyne & have had a 5D for two years. Prior to that I had a Minolta Z1, which although working is looking a little worse for wear these days. My last b4 that was a Konica Aiborg compact film camera that somewhat resembled Darth Vaders helmet. On its first outing I wanted to test a couple of settings and the autofocus was getting upset with the first floor window – so I stood on a chair and hung it out the window & of course dropped it! I put all the bits back in a shoe box & wrote a note explaining I was the Norman Wisdom of the Camera world & could they do anything.

They fixed it completely & charged me something like Twelve pounds. I thought then I would stick with a company that looked after its customers so well, hence slowly becoming a Minoltarian by default. I guess I’ll soon be a Sonarian too.

Cheers DrLuap
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

I was in Newcastle the last weekend in October for a couple of days at the Gateshead quays Hilton (event) but staying at the Vermont next to the castle. It was a part of the city I had never really seen, always come in from the north by rail or car and stuck to the main streets, Eldon Centre etc. the riverside and the old part of the city are lovely - fantastic for photos. Was using the Alpha 700.

David
drluap

Unread post by drluap »

Yes I was @ the Hilton for the Photoprint Exhibition - I saw your photo from the balcony of the swing bridge in the DRO article - It was what prompted me to join Photoclub - I had tried to join your previous site last year but for some reason it did not like my login name - you did email me say try again. Anyhow, I went to the Hilton hoping to see the Sony table - and was a bit disapointed to see the guy who was just doing printers. Although he was quite chatty & enthusiastic with future A900. Some of the photos on the stand were stunning, especially the black & white set of landscapes from around the UK. I did'nt stay long as I realised I'd honestly forgotten to put a
ticket on my car. Nontheless, on the way back I got some pics of Tyne reflections in the glass of the Sage building. When I find out how to do it I'll post some pics. Cheers DrLuap
LeyOMM
Acolyte

Unread post by LeyOMM »

Welcome drluap!hiccup!

See you!
ByzzzzzZZZZZZzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz