Hello From Leeds

Introduce yourself and meet fellow Photoclubalpha members
BushidoUK

Hello From Leeds

Unread post by BushidoUK »

Hi, I am a 40 something from Leeds UK
I have an Alpha 700 and 100 with the kit lenses 18-70 and 70-300mm and the Carl Zeiss 16-80mm
I also have the f56m flash which I havent really used that much yet.

I have attached a picture I took a few weeks ago whilst in the West of Scotland.
Attachments
Newport Harbour, Scotland
Newport Harbour, Scotland
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Re: Hello From Leeds

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Hi and welcome to this wonderful and exciting forum. :D
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
KevinBarrett
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by KevinBarrett »

Welcome, and thank you for sharing that nice photo! You've come to us at an exciting time in the middle of a swarm of product releases from Sony, but it seems you've got the kind of equipment that a person can get very contented with. :D
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

Welcome! You have to watch the excess quantity of shots from Scotland posted here. It's second only to the Northumbrian coast :-)

David
bonneville
Grand Caliph

Unread post by bonneville »

BushidoUK wrote:I have attached a picture I took a few weeks ago whilst in the West of Scotland.
Hi and welcome from me too.

Nice picture. I see your file number is Boat005, is that because there are 5 boats in view :?:

I've tried that system but it gets a bit challenging at regattas:

This Boat001

and this is Boat 027

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Links to my: Flickr Blog Twitter
BushidoUK

Unread post by BushidoUK »

lol, i wish it was that organised!

purely coincidence with the 5.

or rather it took me 5 hours to get a decent shot!
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Welcome BushidoUK from me as well - lovely shot of the harbour with crystal clear water. Always room for more pictures of the Scottish coast on my monitor :D
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
AndyG
Acolyte

Unread post by AndyG »

and a slightly delayed 'hello' (or should it be "ey up") to a fellow Leodensian.

I don't think I've got many shots of the Scottish west coast in digital format, but many rolls of Velvia & Agfa 50RS shot between Oban and Fort William over the past 40+ years (I got my first camera at a very early age :) )

Cheers,

Andy
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Time to get the scanner out then Andy - we need those pictures ! :D
AndyG
Acolyte

Unread post by AndyG »

Well here's an old scan (Agfa 50RS on a Scan Dual) of sunset over Oban bay. I set the aspect ratio for a dual-monitor setup at work, but it was done before I discovered Neat Image so it's still a bit grainy. Taken on an XD7, probably with my favourite Vivitar Series1 28mm f/1.9.
sunset001 800x300.jpg
Due to XP compatibility issues, I ended up buying one of the last Scan Elite 5400 scanners but with a family and a full-time job time is scarce - and then I discovered digital! (I still intend to scan a handful of favourites one day...)

Cheers,

Andy
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Hey, that's a nice sunset, Andy.
How about beginning a new thread in "Welcome to my World" section?
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

AndyG wrote:Well here's an old scan (Agfa 50RS on a Scan Dual) of sunset over Oban bay.
Nice sunset - I love Oban. I know some people think it is a bit over the top with tartan scottie dogs, short bread and blended scotch, but for me that is part of the charm of the place. No trip to Argyll would be complete without a visit to Oban for me. We'll be passing through Oban in September on our way to the Isle of Mull - a chance to re-charge the Hebridean batteries - I'm counting the days.
AndyG
Acolyte

Unread post by AndyG »

Not entirely blended scotch (although I know what you mean!) - the distillery is close to the town centre and the Oban 14yo is my favourite malt...

Cheers,

Andy
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

Last time I was in Oban I had a small guitar (Tacoma Papoose, alto tuning) with me. We wandered the streets, since MacTavish's Kitchen was not doing music shows any more. Then we met a guy with a guitar over his shoulder doing the same! We were both looking for a session, and there were none. We picked a wee bar, walked in, and did a 'session' together for an hour or so with a few locals.

This is still legal in Scotland - it is a criminal offence in England and Wales, unless the law passed three years ago can be changed.

I have just come back from an amazingly good night - an Irish wedding party was in town, they turned up at our folk night around midnight, and had two most professionally competent musicians/singers with them - we had to be forcibly ejected at 1.15am and we gave the barman a hell of a time. He had no appreciation of how good these visitors were and just wanted us to go home. We ended up singing 'Flower of Scotland' as everyone packed up and got their coats, while he was shouting at us that he wanted to close the pub. Outside, we found our Irish friends singing 'I'll Take You Home Again Kathleen' in harmony...

It was the Friday night of Kelso Civic Week, and it had rained so hard that the horse races were cancelled and the town - which should have been buzzing - was almost deserted.

David