hello from the other side of the pond

Introduce yourself and meet fellow Photoclubalpha members
dukephoto

hello from the other side of the pond

Unread post by dukephoto »

Am I the first Yank to join?

I've been a Maxxum user since 1985 (first a 7000, then the 9000). Still have my original 28, 50 1.4, 50 + 100 macros, 135, 35-70, 100-200, 75-300. And a bunch more (but I somehow never got rid of anything). Added 600 and 800SI in later years.

Now I'm shooting with a 5D (bought one month before the Minolta-Sony announcement!), but no regrets- it's a great little camera. Also use a Z5 as my "always with me" camera.

Having been a member of the large Yahoo Minolta group forever, I've come to appreciate David's knowledge on all things Minolta (and Sony), and sincerely thank him for his participation in all the groups he contributes to.

If anyone wants to check out some of my work, I am on the Minoltian Pbase site at http://www.pbase.com/minoltian/the_duke

I look forward to being here learning from all of you.

Dukephoto
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

One thing you have got nailed is getting in close - with the Z5 and the 5D especially. Excellent tight compositions all the way, no wasted grains or pixels. I think the digital era images are better in colour, but that's probably down to scanning not the colour of the film originals. Sometimes when I look back at 40,000 or so film images taken over 35 years, it's as if they are locked away by the film - inaccessible without lengthy scanning sessions. Photography started again with the digital era.

David
pakodominguez
Minister with Portfolio

Re: hello from the other side of the pond

Unread post by pakodominguez »

dukephoto wrote:Am I the first Yank to join?
Well, I'm not really a "Yank" -I'm peruvian- but I live in NYC
:-)
Pako
------------
http://www.pakodominguez.photo/blog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;