Just joined, so Hi to all from down under.

Introduce yourself and meet fellow Photoclubalpha members
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Just joined, so Hi to all from down under.

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

I'm not your most experienced forumer, dpreveiw was my first. I've only recently taken to digital photography, first with a KM5D and then an A100 as well.
I'm getting the hang of these a bit, but my PP is about as handy as a hip pocket in a singlet.
So I though I might glean the odd bit of help from you guys and David now and then.
First camera was an SRT100b 1967 then 2 X700 bodies and some lenses, and a Bronica and some lenses etc. Never tried a C or an N although I must admit I have often admired some of the N ones over the years, especially the last film one the F6. But as usual my eyes are bigger than my wallet.
Regards
Greg
ps. Must go to Z land very soon, too many late nights lately.
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

Greg, if you got hold of an SRT100b in 1967 you were well ahead of the field - I could have sworn the 100b was not introduced that early! I may be wrong in my chronology, and should check it up, but I think the order of introduction was the SRT101, followed by the SRT303 at photokina 1972, then the SRT101n, the SRT100, the SRT303b (or n?), SRT100b, and finally the SRT100X in very rapid succession between 1972 and 1975. My Wallace Heaton Blue Book for 1968-9 shows the SR-1S, the SR-7V and the SRT101 as the only cameras made that year; from 1969 to 72, the only model sold appears to have been the SRT101. I think the SR-M motorised camera was hiding away as a special order.

Anyway, welcome to the forum - you may be younger than you think, and just getting 1967 muddled up with 1976 :-)

David
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Memory foibles

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

What can I say, it was late, 1.30am and I was tired from too many late nights.
I went and got the old girl from the wardrobe to make sure I had gotten the model correct at least, (a "yes" on that one) the light meter packed it in years ago but I had moved on to the X700 before that anyway.
(I never quite forgave minolta for not bringing out an X900, a camera with spot metering and faster shutter speeds and faster flash sync for daylight flash fill.The things that would have made the X700 the perfect camera).
I thought I bought the SR-T not long after I purchased my first car in 67ish, anyway I looked at the print date on the back of the SR-T 100b, 101b, 303b, owners manual, and sure enough you are perfectly correct, it was 1975. Time flies when your having fun.
It must have been my sisters Minolta (not an SLR) that we took pictures of the damage around town with, after the Cyclone in 1972, or was it in 73, or..
Regards
Greg