Hello from Southend, UK

Introduce yourself and meet fellow Photoclubalpha members
Fred_Bear
Acolyte

Hello from Southend, UK

Unread post by Fred_Bear »

Hi

Just a quick intro from Southend-on-Sea, Essex.

I have bought an A65 with Sony 16-105 and Tamron 70-300 lenses. Hopefully the body will be ok for me to grow with and I can upgrade the glass as finances allow. It was a bit heavier than I really wanted but if I only want light weight i might as well go for a bridge camera, the A65 (hopefully) is about quality.

I am in my mid 50's and take photos of a range of things from wildlife to buildings and holiday snaps. If there is anyone local to me drop me a line.

I must say that one reson for joining was i was fed up with the dpreview forum where it is either talking about the next A99 or points scoring off others views. Not my cup of tea!

Regards
Fred
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Re: Hello from Southend, UK

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Welcome aboard Fred.
I assure you, you'll be quite comfortable here. We are not a big community, but all the active ones here are superb people.
Glad you're with us.
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Welcome from me as well Fred. I look forward to seeing some pictures from Southend :) I don't think we've had many A65 contributions so it will be interesting to see the pictures and also to hear how you find the camera.
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
mvanrheenen

Unread post by mvanrheenen »

Welcome to you Fred. You'll feel right at home here I'm sure. Your gear will last you a life time if you take care of them. The a65 is a good piece of equipment from what I,ve read, so is the 16-105. Don't know the Tamron, but you'll should be fine with it.

What are your shooting interests?

Mark
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

Welcome to the forum, Fred. Feel free to post photos. There are always a few photo threads going or you can create your own.
Fred_Bear
Acolyte

Birma wrote:Welcome from me as well Fred. I look forward to seeing some pictures from Southend :) I don't think we've had many A65 contributions so it will be interesting to see the pictures and also to hear how you find the camera.
Hi Mark,

I did consider going with the A35 rather than A65, but less weight was one of the few positives, everything else pointed to the 65, if i want just lower weight i might as well get a bridge camera instead.

My photo interests cover everything from emergency vehicles to landscapes, portraits, etc. I tend to see something and think 'that would make a good photo', rather than look out for something in particular.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Regards
Fred (S.E. Essex)
Sony A65, Sony 18-135mm, Tamron 70-300mm. RX100.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fred_bear/
mvanrheenen

Unread post by mvanrheenen »

Fred_Bear wrote:I tend to see something and think 'that would make a good photo', rather than look out for something in particular.
As a true photographer would! :-)

Looking forward to see your images Fred.

Mark
[SiC]
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by [SiC] »

A big welcome from me as well! :-) Is this the "old" Tammy 70-300 you bought or the recent USD-version?

BR,
/Zeb!
Sony A700, A580, Nex-5t, KM D7D & VC-7D, M Dynax 500si
KM 17-35 F2.8-4 D, M 50 F1.7 RS, M 135 F2.8, M 28-100 F3.5-5.6 D, M 100-200 F4.5, T 70-300 F4-5.6 Di USD, S 18-55 F3.5-5.6 SAM, S 18-70 F3.5-5.6
Sony hvl-f42s, Minolta 3600 HS D
Sony Z1C & Z2
Fred_Bear
Acolyte

[SiC] wrote:A big welcome from me as well! :-) Is this the "old" Tammy 70-300 you bought or the recent USD-version?
/Zeb!
Hi

It is the non usd version, it was just over £100 new so i thought it would be ok until I can afford a better lens. The 16-105 is on the camera normally and I am pleased with it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Regards
Fred (S.E. Essex)
Sony A65, Sony 18-135mm, Tamron 70-300mm. RX100.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fred_bear/