Greetings from Sydney Australia..

Introduce yourself and meet fellow Photoclubalpha members
MilesB1975

Greetings from Sydney Australia..

Unread post by MilesB1975 »

Hello All,
I thought I'd have a look at this forum, since I am a keen Alpha User and also a Sony α Alpha employee.
My name is Miles Backshall, and I work for the Consumer AV/IT Digital SLR Department of Sony Australia.
In other words an Alpha-Pusher! ;)
I look forward to hearing from all users on here on any related topics or feedback you may have.
See You Around..
Miles B
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Re: Greetings from Sydney Australia..

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

Hi! Most welcome to have you here. Not many Sony execs will reveal their identity for fear of being bombarded with demands for features in the next generation of cameras. In the UK, the Alpha division is completely separate from other digital cams or IT/AV sales forces of Sony, though they have a very strong Sony Centre dealer network (over 130) which means all depts appear (to an outsider) to work together. I guess you will be having an event on the 9th/10th just as Europe is, for a pre-photokina launch.

David
seanhoxx
Acolyte

Unread post by seanhoxx »

hello Miles, so now we have someone who we can lay the blame on by name eh, but only in OZ :lol: just kidding, welcome
Sean
A700 - Tamron 17-50 - Tamron 70-300 - Minolta 50mm f1.7 - Tamron 70-200 2.8 - Tokina 80-400
Javelin
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by Javelin »

Nice to see you here. CoughMACROFLASHCough .. sorry bit of a cold. Welcome to the forum.
KevinBarrett
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by KevinBarrett »

Oh dear, Miles, I fear for your safety. Be wary of visiting any thread that's already three pages long; monsters of opinionated rhetoric lurk within, eager to mame and destroy, and the thread will most certainly be off topic.

But really, it's not as bad as all that. When it appears to be, I just wipe the "mom-and-dad-stop-fighting" look off of my face and remember that it's all in fun.

We're glad to have you, and post again soon!
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

I'll be very brief: welcome :D
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr