Any idea what this is ?

Devoted to film use, whether using the older manual Minolta system or AF/Dynax/Maxxum system from 1985 on
Javelin
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Any idea what this is ?

Unread post by Javelin »

Any idea what this is ? I don't have the item just the picture and don't really understand how this replates to pano's

Dusty

Re: Any idea what this is ?

Unread post by Dusty »

That's one of the program modules for the 2nd gen Maxxums. They had different modules that would let you 'program' your camera for sports, portraits, etc.

It was supposed to let the amateurs get pro results by letting the camera do the settings according to the type of shot you were taking. Nowadays it's just built in, twist the dial or push the button to let the camera decide what to do.

Dusty
An a700, an a550 and couple of a580s, plus even more lenses (Zeiss included!).
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

It is a physical panorama insert for a Riva panoramic camera (I think) rather than an SLR panorama. It is placed in the actual film gate of the camera before loading film, and crops the negative. I do not think it is the device for the Dynax QT Panorama or whatever the model was called - I'm fairly sure it is for a compact 35mm, not SLR. But I avoided this thing for obvious reasons and never bothered even to test it, so I have never handled the 'conversion kit'. It is not a creative expansion card.

David
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

By the way, my Minolta Alpha 707si (Japanese model of the Maxxum/Dynax 700si) has a panorama switch on the left side edge of the camera (left side as you look into the vf) that will reduce the size of the film opening in the camera and gray/blue out the top and bottom of the vf's LCD overlay in the heads-up display. The Japanese model didn't need the accessory part pictured above.
Javelin

Unread post by Javelin »

holy... the word panorama and minolta japan show up on the top and bttom of the frames in the neg when this is used don't they? I mean in the cropped out area ? If thats the case I tink i've seen it before, could be why the device struck me as something I wanted to know about