Minolta 110 Zoom SLR

Devoted to film use, whether using the older manual Minolta system or AF/Dynax/Maxxum system from 1985 on
KevinBarrett
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Minolta 110 Zoom SLR

Unread post by KevinBarrett »

I was scanning for deals on fleabay when I noticed a quirky little Minolta 110 film camera with a 25-50mm zoom. It appears to be of a true SLR design as most listings describe it, but my big curiosity was whether there were any interchangeable lenses for it. I know, as most of you do also, that "SLR" does not mean "interchangeable lenses," but I would guess that most people, many ebay sellers included, could make that mistake.

So is the Minolta 110 Zoom SLR just that or does it accept any other lenses?
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --
Javelin

Re: Minolta 110 Zoom SLR

Unread post by Javelin »

No lenses but they had screw on tele's and wides for it. it has built in macro already.

heres a fan site.
http://home.comcast.net/~youngds/110Cam ... SLRMk1.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Another on that might interest you is vectis. they had lenses for those. it was .. kinda what 4/3's is to us now
Dusty

Unread post by Dusty »

I believe the Pentax 110 was the only interchangeable lens 110 SLR. The problem of course is that a 13x17mm negative means anything bigger than a 4x6 print stinks.

Still, at the time, much better than the spy cameras using the 16mm film. I once sneaked my Minolta 16 into a jail for some shots. I wish I would have has the 110 zoom.

Dusty
An a700, an a550 and couple of a580s, plus even more lenses (Zeiss included!).
bfitzgerald
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by bfitzgerald »

Being fair, you can go a bit bigger than 6x4" on 110 film, most of the problems were the junky cameras and lenses, el cheapo. Def got some ropey results, heck pixel peep those and you would get a shock, 100% and most would collapse with fear and disgust!

All these formats were kind of experiments, the other being those flat disc cameras, interesting idea, but nah..it was never really that clever.

I never bothered much with the other small film formats, 35mm seemed about the best compromise..if you didn't fancy MF gear.