MD mount lenses, what's hot or not!

Devoted to film use, whether using the older manual Minolta system or AF/Dynax/Maxxum system from 1985 on
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Re: SR-mount lenses, what's hot or not!

Unread post by bakubo »

01af wrote:It is at least as good as the MC Rokkor-PG 50 mm 1:1.4 (which is Minolta's best high-speed standard lens), if not even slightly better.
I still have the MC Rokkor-PG 50 mm 1:1.4 that I got with my XK in 1976 (sold the XK in 2000). I used it on the X-700 later, but it hasn't been touched since I shot with the X-700 + 50mm f1.4 in Tokyo occasionally using B&W film in about 1991. In May I bought an m4/3-MC/MD adapter and I tried the 50mm on the Olympus EM-5 for a few test shots trying out the MF with enlarged view to see how well it worked. I recall shooting a daytime long view handheld test shot at f1.4, lowest ISO, and fast shutter speed. I downloaded the raw and was quite surprised how good it looked even though it was wide open. Of course, this is with the m4/3 2x crop, but still it looked good. Very sharp and I didn't see any CA (although the scene was one that one would often see some).