Minolta Maxxum 7000AF Battery Holders/Grips

Devoted to film use, whether using the older manual Minolta system or AF/Dynax/Maxxum system from 1985 on
Viewfinder [ + ]USA1
Acolyte

Minolta Maxxum 7000AF Battery Holders/Grips

Unread post by Viewfinder [ + ]USA1 »

If you have a Minolta Maxxum 7000AF-
There were Four (4) different battery packs available for the Maxxum 7000AF to choose from. It is a very power-source versatile 35mm AF SLR. They accept Alkaline or Carbon-Zinc Batteries, Except for the BH-70T.
They are as follows:

1. BH-70S Holds 4-AAA batteries. Standard Grip.

2. BH-70L Holds 4-AA batteries. Optional Grip. More Roll-Film capacity versus the Standard Grip. Provides a slightly larger hand grip on camera.

3. BH-70T Holds 1- 2CR5 6 Volt Lithium battery. Optional Grip.

4. EP-70 Holds 4-AA batteries. This External Battery Pack connects to the 7000AF with a 3.3 foot cord, and a Connecting cover, that fits on the Camera in place of the Standard Grip, for use in cold weather, to keep the batteries warm inside a pocket.

I hope this helps anyone that is looking for optional ways to power their Minolta Maxxum 7000AF.

:) Smile! CLICK...WWWHHRRRRR....
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Re: Minolta Maxxum 7000AF Battery Holders/Grips

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

Welcome. Very useful post. In all my time using the 7000 - we still have one - I was unaware of the battery grip for lithion 2CR5. I never saw one of these in the UK, and they were not listed in the old accessories I bought from the warehouse closure (some other similar items were). Still, 4X AA rechargeable with the latest 2500mAh cells gives more than a new lease of life to the old bulky power source!

David
InTheSky
Viceroy

Unread post by InTheSky »

I have took a few minutes to take a picture of the options (next time with better light ...) :

Regards,

Frank
Frank
A7 (R, S & R II) + NEX 3N ( and few lenses )
InTheSky
Viceroy

Those options are also compatible with Maxxum 5000
and 9000 (Error, sorry)

Regards,

Frank
Last edited by InTheSky on Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frank
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

9000? I can't remember my 9000 taking that kind of grip battery insert.

David
InTheSky
Viceroy

David Kilpatrick wrote:9000? I can't remember my 9000 taking that kind of grip battery insert.

David
Dop hiccup!! you are right :-) bad fast writing move :-) the 9000 is a small fragile door. (Mine is broke).

sorry for this mistake.

Frank
Frank
Viewfinder [ + ]USA1
Acolyte

Unread post by Viewfinder [ + ]USA1 »

Thank you for your welcome, "David".

I have seen the BH-70T Battery/Grip for the 7000AF listed for sale on ebay, from time to time.
The one I used the most was the 'AA' Grip, and kept an 'AAA' Grip pre-loaded as a backup.
I should have included that they also fit on the Maxxum 5000AF, and that they also accept Ni-cad Batteries (except for the BH-70T), and the more current types of 'AA'/'AAA' power cells.

Unfortunately, they do not fit on the Maxxum 9000AF. It only uses two (2) AA Cells to power the Camera only. ( I was once told there was an external battery pack for cold weather use for the 9000AF, but I have never seen one.) The MD-90 and AW-90 have their own 'AA' battery holders to power them, when attached to the 9000AF, to advance and rewind the Film. There's also a Ni-Cd Battery Pack NP-90M and Charger NC-90M for the Motor Drive MD-90.

A 'Tip o' the Hat' to "Frank" for posting the photos of the different types of Battery Holders/Grips.

I also use a unique item on the 7000AF called a "STOR-A-GRIP". This accessory Grip is attached via the Tripod Socket, and holds two extra Rolls of Film, and four 'AAA' batteries. It is a Model MX-57 sold by KEITH & CO. of New Orleans, LA (USA). This Grip matches the body profile of the 7000AF (or 5000) in that it 'blends' with the Camera. They also made them for other Cameras as well, but sadly, I understand they have been out of business for quite some time now.
Keep on Clickin'.....