Minolta Creative Cards

Devoted to film use, whether using the older manual Minolta system or AF/Dynax/Maxxum system from 1985 on
mark-atkinson
Acolyte

Minolta Creative Cards

Unread post by mark-atkinson »

Does anyone have any experience of the creative cards that slot into the Dynax cameras (specifically the 9xi)? I have several of these and was trying to make use of some of them, particulary the 'sports' card but it doesn't seem to register on the camera. tried following the instructions to the letter but still no joy. Is there a trick to this or is my card slot dead? I've tried other cards in there but just cant seem to 'see' it in the camera LCD panel.

Anyone?

Regards,

Mark
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Re: Minolta Creative Cards

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

I think the Sports card may only work with other models. Many of the cards don't work on particular xi bodies. I do not have a 9xi here now to test.

David
mark-atkinson
Acolyte

I have a sports action 2 card which says it works on the 9xi but doesn't seem to, the others have various other camera listings (some 9xi) and I cant seem to get them to work either. Oh well I guess it could be the camera, but apart from this it seems to work very well given the few rolls of film I've taken seem to have come out ok so far.

Think I may just sell the lot and get a decent digital... lol
01af
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by 01af »

The Sports 2 card is perfectly compatible with the Dynax 9xi and is particularly useful in conjunction with the AF-xi 28-105 mm and AF-xi 35-200 mm lenses—i. e. those AF-xi lenses with extra-wide zoom ranges.

The electrical connection between the card compartment in the hinged card door and the camera body is provided through a piece of flexible printed board—which unfortunately is prone to breaking when used frequently or when aging. I am afraid it's next to impossible to get this fixed these days. Spare parts hardly exist ... and if you solder the crack manually then most likely it will break again immediately the first time you open and close the card door.
mark-atkinson
Acolyte

Thanks for the information 01af, I do have both those lenses and it's a pity that it seems that connection may be broken. I'll give it a couple more tries and see what I can do and maybe even make some enquiries to a service centre somewhere. It would have been great to use it when we have the airshow here.

Cheers!