Bought a Maxxum 7000

Devoted to film use, whether using the older manual Minolta system or AF/Dynax/Maxxum system from 1985 on
rogprov
Oligarch

Bought a Maxxum 7000

Unread post by rogprov »

This morning I bought a pristine camera shoulder bag containing a Maxxum 7000 and case with a f1.7 lens, filters, cable release, 2800 flash gun and case, one unopened roll of film, another film in the camera and various other small bits and pieces and instruction booklets. The whole lot is virtually indistinguishable from new.

Here's the interesting bit. There is also a sheaf of paper-work showing the entire above kit was bought at the same time from Fedco Van Nuys (no idea who or where in the US they are) at a cost of $479.62 on the 31st July 1986.

It seems one film was put in the camera and 19 shots taken then it was all put in the shoulder bag and forgotten - a time capsule! :)
Roger
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Re: Bought a Maxxum 7000

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

... They probably jumped ship... :lol:
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Nice find Roger - fascinating to wonder what happened to cause the set up to be abandoned.
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
UrsaMajor
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by UrsaMajor »

rogprov wrote:Here's the interesting bit. There is also a sheaf of paper-work showing the entire above kit was bought at the same time from Fedco Van Nuys (no idea who or where in the US they are) at a cost of $479.62 on the 31st July 1986.
Van Nuys is one of the many suburbs of Los Angeles, located slightly north and slightly west of the center of Los Angeles. Fedco was a chain of large discount stores (somewhat like Walmart) that was in the LA area for about 50 years, but went out of business in the late 1990s.

With best wishes,
- Tom -
Dusty
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by Dusty »

Birma wrote:Nice find Roger - fascinating to wonder what happened to cause the set up to be abandoned.
This owner was quite probably like my uncle. He bought a kit - actually the 5000 - and std. lens, flash and filters, including bag, to take photos. He took it out about once a year, at first, then even less. I wish I could find it because I want the 50, but we haven't been able to locate it and he may have given it away.

Dusty
An a700, an a550 and couple of a580s, plus even more lenses (Zeiss included!).