Mamiya RB67 with 127mm lens

Devoted to film use, whether using the older manual Minolta system or AF/Dynax/Maxxum system from 1985 on
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Mamiya RB67 with 127mm lens

Unread post by bakubo »

Doesn't this make you feel sort of sad? About 20 years ago I thought about getting this camera or maybe a Pentax 67 while I was living in Tokyo. Even used ones were very expensive. Now you can get them for almost free. Oh well, I prefer digital these days, but it still makes me feel a bit funny seeing stuff like this for such a low price. When I am in Tokyo and visit used camera stores I see the same sort of thing.

Mamiya RB67 with 127mm lens and two 120 rotating backs for $225:

http://honolulu.craigslist.org/mau/pho/3214694293.html
pakodominguez
Minister with Portfolio

Re: Mamiya RB67 with 127mm lens

Unread post by pakodominguez »

I got a 4x5 Arca Swiss Monorail, with a Fujinon 150mm lens on ebay for 400$ a couple of years ago. I share it with a friend, so it cost me 200$...
Pako
------------
http://www.pakodominguez.photo/blog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

I found a list of gear I wanted that I wrote down in 1991 while working in Tokyo:

Pentax 67
Pentax 105mm f2.4
Pentax 55mm f4
Pentax 200mm f4
Pentax 67 prism finder
Pentax digital spotmeter

Even used this stuff was expensive back then. I also had a list I made of Mamiya 6x7 gear that I was interested in. For the stuff I like to shoot none of it made a lot of sense though so I couldn't justify all that big, heavy, expensive gear so I am glad I didn't buy it. I sort of thought back then I might want to get into landscape photography with 6x7 gear and a big tripod. Sort of makes me laugh at my 1991 self now though. :lol: Now you can get it all for almost nothing and that is great for anyone who want to use MF film, but it is also sad that all this great gear gets so little love now.
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

pakodominguez wrote:I got a 4x5 Arca Swiss Monorail, with a Fujinon 150mm lens on ebay for 400$ a couple of years ago. I share it with a friend, so it cost me 200$...
Great price! Do you use it much? What for?
Dusty
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by Dusty »

It would be nice if someone had a T/S adapter that wasn't too expensive that would adapt some of those old MF lenses to Alpha (or other) mounts. Grab a 'cheap' Mamiya 35mm and have your own T/S.

I believe someone makes one for the old Hassy mount, but even the Kiev lenses aren't too cheap!

Dusty
An a700, an a550 and couple of a580s, plus even more lenses (Zeiss included!).