7000 SLR

Devoted to film use, whether using the older manual Minolta system or AF/Dynax/Maxxum system from 1985 on
Javelin
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

7000 SLR

Unread post by Javelin »

oh my. I just made this long post... well not real long, but a Little description of the functions and how it compared to my X700 and A700. I was editing it in preview mode when I lost all the text.... DPR did this to me too the other day too. :(

Save your posts before editing or hitting the preview button or you could get "The local copy of this web page is out of date, and the website requires that you download it again" and everything you typed is gone

Well I decided to take this camera for a spin. I got it attached to a lens I bought and this is the first time trying it out.

Does anyone know if my 360PX flash will work on this?. if It does I'll have to save a few frames form my 80x macro flash to try that out too.
Philip
Oligarch

Re: 7000 SLR

Unread post by Philip »

If my memory serves me correctly (getting less and less reliable these days!), when Minolta brought out the 7000 they also changed the flash system with no backward compatability (unless you use a hotshoe adaptor and settle for reduced function), so your 360 won't work.

Philip
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

The 360PX and Macro flash are fully compatible with the 7000. If you really plan to use it, another fully compatible accessory is the IR-1n infra-red remote release originally made for the X700 and then updated (n) with a cable for the 7000. It doesn't work on any of the DSLRs.

David
Javelin
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by Javelin »

thanks. thats good news. I don't thing the flash shoe changed for a few more years on the .. 7700I 9000I but I wasn't sure if even these iso hot shoe one had a diferent protocol
Philip
Oligarch

Unread post by Philip »

Thanks for correcting me David. Said my memory wasn't up to much :oops:

Philip