Minolta Dynax 5 eye piece focus?

Devoted to film use, whether using the older manual Minolta system or AF/Dynax/Maxxum system from 1985 on
Thick as a Brick
Acolyte

Minolta Dynax 5 eye piece focus?

Unread post by Thick as a Brick »

Hi,

Have dug out my old Dynax 5 to have a play and am prety impressed with the images it produces using my Sony F/F lenses although they look massive on the Dynax.

I can't work out how to adjust the viewfinder focus, there is no lever or adjustable wheel so it must be electronic me thinks? I've been through the manual, although I can only get one from on line as I've lost the original. I've been through the custom menus - even found out how to fire the shutter without a lens, great for my Samyang 14mm but I can't for the life of me work out how to focus the viewfinder...ahhhhh

Any suggestions greatly appreciated as I think I'm getting back into film, specially B&W! Need a decent developer lab also if anyone can recommend, (UK) only need negatives as I use my "also old" minolta Dual Scanner

Cheers

Adam
mikeriach
Imperial Ambassador

Re: Minolta Dynax 5 eye piece focus?

Unread post by mikeriach »

I cant remember if my old film bodies had adjustment. I used to use a clip-in dioptre correction lens but cant for the life of me remember on which bodies. There are a few guys on here who still use film bodies occasionally so no doubt someone will be able to confirm.

Mike
All my Sony SLT gear gone. Still got my RX100 though.
Atgets_Apprentice
Grand Caliph

Unread post by Atgets_Apprentice »

Mike is correct, you would have to use eyepiece correction lenses on the Dynax 5, as it doe not have built in adjustment. That is one of the very few disadvantages of a great wee camera. The other main disadvantage is that it is a wee camera, even in my average sized hands!
XG-1, XD-5, XD-7, X-500, XG1n, X300, 7000i, 700si, 800si, 500si Super, 600si, Dynax 5, KM 7D, a100, a200, a300, a580. And another 600si.....
Thick as a Brick
Acolyte

Unread post by Thick as a Brick »

okay - thak you for the replies, I'll rely on the auto focus to do its job :D Might have a quick look on ebay to see whats around in terms of attachement

Cheers

Adam
Javelin
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by Javelin »

it's called a Eyepiece corrector 1000. in Minlota/ (looked in the book as I have a brand new max 5 in a box here that had a manual)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MINOLTA-EYEPIEC ... 0617323546

Sony has one too and I think it's the same actually so maybe it's something you can try at a store? The ones from other makers are probably all the same too

This is the Sony part. FDAECF.. There is FDAECF05 FDAECF15 FDAECF20 .etc ... for the diferent diopters
bfitzgerald
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by bfitzgerald »

As above no dioptre adjustment on the film 5 (but yes on the film 60)
I'm fortunate in that I have spot on eyesight, as above though dig around and you'll find something to address the problem