It's scary what €60 can now buy you...

Devoted to film use, whether using the older manual Minolta system or AF/Dynax/Maxxum system from 1985 on
bfitzgerald
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

It's scary what €60 can now buy you...

Unread post by bfitzgerald »

But it sure makes a great affordable full frame camera :mrgreen:

I got the body, grip and a busted sigma lens, don't care about the lens but not a bad deal really.
The previous owner had removed the stick back issue, fine no problems at this price

This one is a later production, the VF is absolutely spotless, as is the strap and rest of the body.
It's badged Konica Minolta and a much later serial than the other film 7 I have
DSC02233.JPG
DSC02234.JPG
I remember walking past my Minolta dealer and going in to play with the xi cameras they had in that time, the 7xi was horribly expensive, 5xi wasn't cheap either. I picked up a few brochures and use to read them wondering if I save up my pocket money I might be able to afford one :mrgreen:
Little did I know how prices would tumble over time.

If I work out my film cost on this it's an ideal Pay as you go system, it would cost €2500 for an A99, or €1100 for a s/h A900/850
That buys an awful lot of film and processing folks :lol:
I'll just use APS-C for low light much more economical

I added the real leather parts to the rings on the strap, have spare pc socket covers (screw them in tight they don't usually go missing)
I was tempted to sell it knowing I'd turn a profit on the sale of each but well might as well just use it.
Birma
Tower of Babel

Re: It's scary what €60 can now buy you...

Unread post by Birma »

That's a nice looking find Barry and I can see why you'd want to keep it. :)

I'd be interested to try film but I've never got very far in finding out about the best ways of getting the film processed and getting some digital RAW files out of the process. How to you process your films, Barry ?
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
mikeriach
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by mikeriach »

That's the Dynax 7 if I'm not mistaken?
Superb film camera. I had quite a few 7 series film bodies including the 7Xi and 700Si but this was without doubt the best handling one of all. I just loved the feel and operation of it.

I sold it and a Dynax 7D as a pair, very similar but the digital body was deeper.

Enjoy.

Mike
All my Sony SLT gear gone. Still got my RX100 though.
bfitzgerald

Unread post by bfitzgerald »

Same as Dynax, I now have a Maxxum and Alpha on the 7 (but not a Dynax right now but I'm sure I'll find another one!)
The only difference is the "enter button" has some Japanese wording (all the other buttons are English) menus are available in multi languages including English obviously! And the badge on the front.

I can tell the camera's not been used much the strap is very stiff and as new

For raw files Vuescan is the best bet. I use it and Silverfast but don't even pay for Silverfast outside getting it with a new scanner, it's tied to that scanner where as Vuescan isn't and supports multi OS and legacy scanners too (pretty much the only option for older scanners which have no support) I've been toying with a 7d but I'm not sure really as I have 2 5d's handling wise the 7 range was top notch though.
Dr. Harout

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

bfitzgerald wrote:...For raw files Vuescan is the best bet. I use it and Silverfast but don't even pay for Silverfast outside getting it with a new scanner, it's tied to that scanner where as Vuescan isn't and supports multi OS and legacy scanners too (pretty much the only option for older scanners which have no support)...
May I understand that linking my old film scanner (microtek filmscan 3600, which runs till Win XP)) to Windows 7 PC, will work with Vuescan installed?
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
Atgets_Apprentice
Grand Caliph

Unread post by Atgets_Apprentice »

Older software can be run on Win 7 in compatibility mode, so you might be able to use the scanner.
XG-1, XD-5, XD-7, X-500, XG1n, X300, 7000i, 700si, 800si, 500si Super, 600si, Dynax 5, KM 7D, a100, a200, a300, a580. And another 600si.....
Dr. Harout

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

The question is: my scanner doesn't have any compatible driver for win 7
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
Eiffel
Initiate

Unread post by Eiffel »

Vuescan has its own drivers (which get installed with the software). You can download the free version and see if its supports your scanner (or look at the compatibility list)...

This being said I highly recommend the pro version which remains reasonably priced.

(Using Vuescan with a Dimage Elite F-2900 and Windows XP, 7 and 8... and an old adaptec 2930 PCI SCSI adapter)
Proud owner of DK's dearly missed A900 ;-)