New Sony Magazine

Anything else you want to get off your chest or any public chat you want to continue away from a main topic
Omega892
Oligarch

New Sony Magazine

Unread post by Omega892 »

I am not sure which is the best place for this post so I have lobbed it into Off Topic.

I have just received an e-mail inviting me to sign up for the first three free issues of
‘a new Sony magazine packed with exclusive features about ‘music; movies; games; gadgets; entertainment and adventure;’
So I guess there is not much in there for us.

As I pick up these Sony emails via Webmail with the page stripped to plain text any active links are lost and there is no way to opt in to this magazine via the email. Sony seems deaf to my advising them that such emails are not useable. Probably worth a miss anyway.
'Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.' - Benjamin Franklin
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Re: New Sony Magazine

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

Sony Magazine is a mainly entertainment and showbiz glossy published by Haymarket. I picked up a copy at an airport in November. It is impressive, but there is absolutely no content relating to photography, and if there was it would probably be some rubbish pix by Neneh Cherry and some gush about the Alpha from said celeb. It is very well produced in Michael Heseltine's best tradition, and this offer will certainly not be funded by Sony. Haymarket will be giving three issues. No reason not to get it, unless you have a special dislike for seeing gangsta rap and Grand Theft Auto treated like harmless entertainment :-)

David
Omega892
Oligarch

Re: New Sony Magazine

Unread post by Omega892 »

David Kilpatrick wrote:...unless you have a special dislike for seeing gangsta rap and Grand Theft Auto treated like harmless entertainment :-)

David
Well that in itself is enough to make it worth avoiding, although I will not go into detail here on what I think about it being used as a form of anesthetic as a part of a bigger plan to inure people to gratuitous violence so that as this is played out in real life excuses form for implementing more coercive measures and restrictions on freedoms.

Thanks for the rapid reply. :)
'Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.' - Benjamin Franklin