digital projector

Anything else you want to get off your chest or any public chat you want to continue away from a main topic
jim wilson
Acolyte

digital projector

Unread post by jim wilson »

Hi All
I am looking to by a digital projector for our local camera club that is duns camera club. The budget i have is £500.00, I am not all that gend up on projectors i was recomended the Benq MP611 DLP or the Benq MP721C. Any one out there can help or recomend something better all input most welcome. :?
jim wilson
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

I can't give you an immediate answer but you need to get the highest resolution possible for the price, and balance this against replacement lamp costs. HP, I believe, have some projectors where the lamps only cost about £50 per replacement - Sony have some where the lamps costs half as much again as the projector, £250-300 per bulb.

Check the replacement bulb prices first before buying anything. It's like inkjet printers - they sell you a cheap projector, and it turns out to have a short lamp life and expensive replacements, which will cost your club dearly in the long term.

Dell are worth considering as well. BENQ is one of the largest corporations around and the brand is entirely reputable, they also make the stuff for other better known brands.

David
jim wilson
Acolyte

Unread post by jim wilson »

Thanks David
I will keep looking, have been on dell site some good prices.I did. notice
the prices of spare bulbs,WOW,
The club starts end of September little bit of time to get sorted out
Cheers JIM
jim wilson