Business Post

Anything else you want to get off your chest or any public chat you want to continue away from a main topic
braeside
Grand Caliph

Business Post

Unread post by braeside »

Warning RANT

I ordered a filter from the Digital Camera Company (who it turns out are in the IOM). This was late on Tuesday afternoon. I specifically asked for before 10:30 am delivery. (Dearer option than just Royal Mail Special Delivery).

I phoned Wednesday and was advised no problem, all in hand, will be with me on Thu before 10:30 am - got tracking number (Business Post).

Today, checked Business Post website , item arrived at Edinburgh at 4 oclock in the morning. Just to be sure there would be no problems I phoned Edinburgh and gave them my tel number to pass on to driver should he have any difficulty finding my place.

No sign by 10:20 so checked website - address not located problem flagged. Phoned Edinburgh - they spoke to driver , he says he has tel number and will be there by 11am and will call on tel. No sign of him. I get call from IOM Business post they had reacted to non delivery on website. They TutTut, but think all is in hand.

Phoned Edinburgh again, now a different story - it was always impossible to get here by 10:30am apparently. (Huh? - I'm only 30 mins from Edinburgh). Now may be able to deliver by 13:00 (between 12:30 and 13:00). Ask for my money back on the delivery - they say no chance.

So I phone and email the supplier explaining the situation, they have a powercut and system is down. I suggest they use pen and paper and take a note that I expect my carriage cost to be refunded in full and that they must take it up with Business Post.

Rant over.
David
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

I had a similar situation with Parcelforce Edinburgh last bank holiday weekend. The depot confirmed package had been received, reached Kelso at 4.00am, due for delivery Friday. Not delivered. Numerous phone calls, visit to the sorting office (package was not in the store room - a lock up former outside loo full of parcels! help!), got it rescheduled for Saturday morning. Not delivered. Called again, tracking showed it as en route. It finally reached me on the Wednesday.

There is not much you can do about this. Prices are set to rise even more for all delivery services soon.

David
braeside
Grand Caliph

Unread post by braeside »

It is all a bit of a lottery, sod's law when you need something quickly there is a problem. Anyway it finally turned up at 14:02. The poor driver had an impossible schedule of early deliveries to make, since they closed the local Glenrothes depot and centralised in Edinburgh, however that is Business Post's problem, not mine.

It is not so much the delay that affects me, it is the knock on effect of having to wait in all day when I need to get on with other important work.

Cheers
David