Cars and Rockets, Mostly: the art of the other Barrett

Anything else you want to get off your chest or any public chat you want to continue away from a main topic
KevinBarrett
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Cars and Rockets, Mostly: the art of the other Barrett

Unread post by KevinBarrett »

Not that this is exactly photo-related (hence, off-topic), but my brother has just published his first book, full of photo-realistic concept drawings. His day job is as a concept artist to ArenaNet, the company responsible for the game, Guild Wars. His cover art here reminds me of Calvin and Hobbes and the pulp science fiction-esque Space Man Spiff.

http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-b ... ly/8409035

Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --
Mike
Oligarch

Re: Cars and Rockets, Mostly: the art of the other Barrett

Unread post by Mike »

Kevin,

As soon as I saw the drawing, before reading your text, I thought to myself, "Calvin and Hobbes," my all time favorite cartoon. I ordered one and look forward to getting it.

Mike
KevinBarrett
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by KevinBarrett »

Ha! Bill Watterson was practically our third parent! When my brother and I shared a room growing up, we papered one wall with Sunday editions of Calvin and Hobbes. Thank you for taking an interest and buying a book! My brother's imagination is unique and wonderful, and I'm certain his work will entertain anybody who was a fan of Calvin and Hobbes.
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

I can't remember what the hideous slavering aliens are that are always chasing the hero spaceman 'Spiff', although they sometimes evolve into a school teacher towards the end.... :lol:
Greg

ps. Maybe at that point he should change into the fearsome and dreaded T-Calvinosaurus...