A MUST SEE

Anything else you want to get off your chest or any public chat you want to continue away from a main topic
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

A MUST SEE

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

You should see this.
Armen receiving his award from the president of Armenia.
I am not the photographer, just linking the shot.
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
pakodominguez
Minister with Portfolio

Re: A MUST SEE

Unread post by pakodominguez »

Award for?
Pako
------------
http://www.pakodominguez.photo/blog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Something related either with food, girls or robots... :mrgreen:
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

pakodominguez wrote:Award for?
Dr. Harout wrote:Something related either with food, girls or robots... :mrgreen:
I was about to direct the same question, Dr. Harout... :D But I hardly think the president would present an award for girls and food...if he did, then we may pass on a note to him that the majority of the rest of the world's population are queuing up at president's doorway already!

Awards are nice thingies and we'd all like some please! :D

By the way, congratulations Armen , whatever your actual achievement is. It's encouraging for further endeavours... :)

Yildiz
Armen Gharib
Oligarch

Unread post by Armen Gharib »

Thanks Doc jan for representing my award that interesting :lol:
Actually this award is called Grand Prix award of the president as the best student in Information and advanced technologies.
This award is announced annually and the winners are chosen by a serious competition consisting of two phases. First phase is the check of knowledge in technologies and the second one is the intellectual check where a whole commission of big guys are checking the participants.
Because I had more than 10 scientific publications and patents in different spheres and passed the interview quite well, by God's will they decided to give me this award.
This is my third presidential reward but the first which is Grand Prix. I won first category best bachelor in 2007 and first category best master student in 2008. This is the last one as a student because I am finishing my PhD course after a year.
Doc but for the food and the girls I would really like to have some reward, do you know some competitions :mrgreen:
A550, Minolta 50/2.8Mc, Minolta 70-210/4, SAM 18-55, SAL75-300, Minolta 50/2.7, Samyang 14/2.8
http://ag.photoblogs.am/index.php?x=browse" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
UrsaMajor
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by UrsaMajor »

Dr. Harout wrote:You should see this.
Armen receiving his award from the president of Armenia.
Congratulations to Armen - and congratulations also to his family!

Hopefully the next awards will be for girls or food?

With best wishes,
- Tom -
Armen Gharib
Oligarch

Heeyy here are some other pics of reward ceremony

A550, Minolta 50/2.8Mc, Minolta 70-210/4, SAM 18-55, SAL75-300, Minolta 50/2.7, Samyang 14/2.8
http://ag.photoblogs.am/index.php?x=browse" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
pakodominguez
Minister with Portfolio

aster wrote:
pakodominguez wrote:Award for?
Dr. Harout wrote:Something related either with food, girls or robots... :mrgreen:
I was about to direct the same question, Dr. Harout... :D But I hardly think the president would present an award for girls and food...
Well, in Peru there is a Chef that have lots of influence (and definitely more credibility) than the President: Gaston Acurio (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gast%C3%B3n_Acurio), who lead the Gastronomic revolution in the country. Next year there will be general elections and there are more than one Party trying to get him on their team, but he's really intelligent and have experience enough (his father was Prime Minister in the early 80s) for decline all those "invitations".
Bon appetit!

Pako
Pako
------------
http://www.pakodominguez.photo/blog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
pakodominguez
Minister with Portfolio

Congratulations!
Armen Gharib wrote: This is my third presidential reward but the first which is Grand Prix. I won first category best bachelor in 2007 and first category best master student in 2008. This is the last one as a student because I am finishing my PhD course after a year.
Man! you are a celebrity!
Armen Gharib wrote:Doc but for the food and the girls I would really like to have some reward, do you know some competitions :mrgreen:
Been a good cook helps in he quest for nice girls, just avoid "trophy" girls...
Pako
------------
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Congratulations Armen! Great to hear about your award. I hope you win many more - as long as it doesn't distract you too much from taking and posting your photographs here :D .
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
UrsaMajor
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by UrsaMajor »

Since the subjects of Girls and Food have been mentioned several times in this thread, here are a couple of images related to those subjects and to Armenia.

In May of this year we were invited to a surprise party (organized by their children) celebrating the 40th wedding anniversary of some friends. The wife is of Armenian heritage - although born and raised in Iran -and many of the guests at the party were also of Armenian heritage, including some who had come here from Armenia as adults. It was a great party and, as you may see below, there was no shortage of food - or girls.

With best wishes,
- Tom -
Attachments
Girls and food-2.jpg
(223.44 KiB) Downloaded 2242 times
Girls and food-1.jpg
(220.16 KiB) Downloaded 2242 times
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

That's impressive Armen, top of the IT class in the country, congratulations.
Greg
Armen Gharib
Oligarch

Tom I think the scene you have in your pics exactly that Doc meant :lol:
Food looks very delicious but what about the girls I can't tell at glance :mrgreen:
Anyway I like parties with good Armenian food and many manyyy girls :P
bossel
Viceroy

Unread post by bossel »

Congrats!!
paulmurphy
Grand Caliph

Unread post by paulmurphy »

Congratulations Armen, now we know who to contact when our pc's go wrong :)

Best wishes

Paul