Cameras Sales Ranking in Japan

Anything else you want to get off your chest or any public chat you want to continue away from a main topic
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Re: Cameras Sales Ranking in Japan

Unread post by bakubo »

Pentax Japan offers colorful special edition 'Evangelion' Q10

http://www.dpreview.com/news/2013/01/28 ... gelion-Q10

Now that is a funky colored camera. :lol:

By the way, today for the first time I saw a Canon EOS M in the wild. A young Japanese couple were standing on the sidewalk waiting for a trolley as I walked by and I noticed the woman had an EOS M hanging from her neck.
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

Blech! (the Pentax not the Canon), so Canon has a 'me too' NEX now, I wonder how that will impact the market for the NEX.
Greg
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

Greg Beetham wrote:Blech! (the Pentax not the Canon), so Canon has a 'me too' NEX now, I wonder how that will impact the market for the NEX.
Actually, I sort of like the Pentax colors. :D Certainly aimed at a certain segment of the market, but the look of the camera is kind of cool, I think. I occasionally see white, blue, orange, red, etc. Pentax DSLRs carried by Japanese tourists in Hawaii. It is mostly women who have them. They look pretty big and clunky compared to the mirrorless cameras these days so I suspect most of the women carrying them will not choose a DSLR like that when it is time to get a new camera. I see lots of women with white Olympus PEN models and white NEX models (not NEX 7) here. When I see a NEX 7 it is mostly men holding them, but maybe I have seen one or two carried by a woman.