SQL errors

Anything else you want to get off your chest or any public chat you want to continue away from a main topic
mvanrheenen

SQL errors

Unread post by mvanrheenen »

David, admins,

First, this thread isn't mend to be a troll/flame or whatever else negative thing!

I'm getting SQL errors very frequent, almost every time I visit the forum. Not an error per se, maybe you configured SQL this way because of limited resources or some other reason. I can understand if you did, but I felt to post it because it is getting a bit annoying having to refresh multiple times for the forum to get back.

Anything I can do to help?
Return to index page
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

User kilpatri_mysql already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections [1203]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
Mark
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Re: SQL errors

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

And I was blaming my internet provider...
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
mvanrheenen

Dr. Harout wrote:And I was blaming my internet provider...
No need, THIS time :-) ;-)
pakodominguez
Minister with Portfolio

Unread post by pakodominguez »

I had the same issues during the weekend. I guess the "Beercan VS Canon 70-200 f4" article generate more visits than ever, and the server have a quota. Now things looks "normal"
Pako
------------
http://www.pakodominguez.photo/blog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mvanrheenen

pakodominguez wrote:I had the same issues during the weekend. I guess the "Beercan VS Canon 70-200 f4" article generate more visits than ever, and the server have a quota. Now things looks "normal"
Well, doesn't look like that from my side.
mvanrheenen

Before I could write this message, I had 6 SQL errors...not over yet.
UrsaMajor
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by UrsaMajor »

I also experienced a lot of errors last week, and they seem to be happening even more frequently today.

With best wishes,
- Tom -
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

Yes, I have gotten that error many times lately. In fact, when I clicked on this thread a few seconds ago I got it. Refreshed and then the thread came up.
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Still getting it tonight. I guess the site is busy. At least DK now knows how to increase traffic on the site ;)
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
mvanrheenen

Birma wrote:Still getting it tonight. I guess the site is busy. At least DK now knows how to increase traffic on the site ;)
That's a bit of a vicious circle, as the same increase in traffic makes this issue worse...

Mark
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

The last couple of weeks have been an agony for me as well. : )

I get the SQL error while trying to enter the site, right after I make a post or try to browse through the forum threads

Today is the worst. I had to copy my messages in Word first because they kept disappearing during the posting process. 2 posts in the past 30 minutes is quite long but better than not accessing the site I suppose...which also might happen though.

Yildiz
mvanrheenen

aster wrote:Today is the worst. I had to copy my messages in Word first because they kept disappearing during the posting process. 2 posts in the past 30 minutes is quite long but better than not accessing the site I suppose...which also might happen though.

Yildiz
Had the same thing today. Refreshing doesn't cut it anymore. Now, I just copy the message to Notepad and wait 5 minutes, open a new browser session and post again.
[SiC]
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by [SiC] »

I have had the same problem for a while.

It is probably because the hosting provider has several customers running in he same MySQL-instance and the total number of connections aren't many enough to serve all customers at peak time.

/Z!
Sony A700, A580, Nex-5t, KM D7D & VC-7D, M Dynax 500si
KM 17-35 F2.8-4 D, M 50 F1.7 RS, M 135 F2.8, M 28-100 F3.5-5.6 D, M 100-200 F4.5, T 70-300 F4-5.6 Di USD, S 18-55 F3.5-5.6 SAM, S 18-70 F3.5-5.6
Sony hvl-f42s, Minolta 3600 HS D
Sony Z1C & Z2