Photos inside a Tokyo camera store

Anything else you want to get off your chest or any public chat you want to continue away from a main topic
bakubo
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Re: Photos inside a Tokyo camera store

Unread postby bakubo » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:42 am

I was in a Bic Camera a few days ago and I was carrying my Olympus E-M10II + 25mm f1.8. Always lots of stuff out to look at and play with. I took the 25mm off and mounted the new Olympus 8mm f1.8 fisheye and took a photo inside of the store. I forgot and left the electronic shutter turned on, but I don't notice any banding even though the store had fluorescent lights.

Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread postby Birma » Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:05 am

Cool picture, Henry. Really glad that they don't have places like that around here. It would be bad for my credit card! ;)
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.

mikeriach
Imperial Ambassador

Unread postby mikeriach » Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:02 pm

I was stunned when we visited one. I have never seen such a big selection of kit.
In place of the usual half a dozen tripods there was a section of floor approx 4m x 4m just covered in every conceivable make and model plus perhaps 30-40 mono pods. Just amazing. I don't think there was anything they didn't have. Each camera make had at least 1 or 2 of each (every) model they had so you could try every single camera.
My only local camera shop (Jessops) had a Sony A58 and a single A7 model. Canon had a 7D plus 2 smaller models and Nikon a D7100 and D3200. There was a small scattering of Olympus and Fuji.
Some Sony stuff and now some Nikon stuff (shock horror). Sony cannot supply what I want so rightly or wrongly I'm branching out to someone who does.

Return to “Off Topic”