Happy BDay Greg

Anything else you want to get off your chest or any public chat you want to continue away from a main topic
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Happy BDay Greg

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

:D
Lots and lots of warm wishes, Greg and many many happy returns.
I wish you also a SAL24F20Z because you'll love it and enjoy it as much as I do.
Cheers Greg.

P.S.: please change your avatar...
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
Dusty
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Re: Happy BDay Greg

Unread post by Dusty »

Me too! Me Too!

Happy Birthday, hope you get good gear!

Dusty
An a700, an a550 and couple of a580s, plus even more lenses (Zeiss included!).
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

Aw shucks thanks guys, I would like the Zeiss 24/2 indeed Doc, when I get more time for photography maybe a miracle like that might happen. :D
Greg
Ps ch/ch/ch/change my avatar? I guess one does get bored with the same thing after a while, I haven’t given it any thought it’s sort of low on my priority list at the moment. The latest house repair, replacing the internal box gutter along with the roof sheeting of the patio and associated repairs is the worst, rottenest job ever….so when I get that finished I’ll be able to think straight again.
How are you making out with the repairs after the tornado hit Dusty?
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Is it that time of year already? Belated happy birthday Greg :) . Hope you got a chance for a few cold ones in the gaps between house repairs.
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Thanks Birma,I had a ‘great’ day haha, I went out to sign the tax return at the accountants ($132 fee) that they’d prepared (that I’d forgotten to go and do for two weeks) and on the way I filled up the old rocket ($72) and then proceeding home the old girl started to fag out, and pick up and fag out and pick up surging kind of thing…I ended up on the side of a busy road trying to figure out what was wrong. I figured it was fuel problems fairly quickly after tinkering a bit, so I borrowed a nice old guy’s (who was walking by and stopped to help and told me all about how he lost his left hand in an industrial accident, which I didn’t fully understand because of the Mediterranean accent) mobile (didn’t bring my own on a 30 minute trip) and called home, then over to a 4X4 place that stocks parts and got a fuel pump ($100) and finally after much ado with some proper tools brought from home (and some 5/16 fuel hose) fitted the pump and got going again, most of the day disappearing in the process. So yep an eventful day, one to remember I think. Oh and I was running low on actual cash so I had to top up with a little withdrawal ($200)….so today I think I spent half the cost of a Zeiss 24/2 but don’t look like seeing one (or any lens) this side of Christmas, if even then.
Always look on the bright side of life te dum always look on the briight side of life ta da de dum…. :lol:
Greg
Ps I never even took a photo despite having the KM5D in the truck, how slack is that? I even had too move it out of the way so I could look behind the passenger seat to see what spare parts and tools I had on hand… :roll:
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Ouch :shock: sounds like an expensive day. I like the idea of measuring costs in terms of Zeiss glass, i.e. "that was a half of a 24/2 day" :)

I'm glad to have the recovery chaps on-call as I'd never be able to change a fuel pump. Mind you, it is increasingly difficult to do anything on your own car now unless you have a laptop and a load of s/w.

Nice of the old chap to help you out - the kindness of strangers - helps add something to the positive, glass half full, side of life :)
artington
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by artington »

Hey, Greg, we share a birthday!

All best

Martin
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Have a good one Martin, 30 May must have had something going for it after all; here I was thinking I was all alone. :D But this year it’s more of a debacle zone for both of us I think, you trashing the new NEX7 and me stuck on the side of the road instead of doing what I was supposed to be doing like fitting trimming and screwing the new roof on the patio and cutting in the flashing (which didn’t even get made anyway). :roll:
Greg
artington
Imperial Ambassador

Oh mine's 29 May - close though :)
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

A belated happy birthday to you as well Artington :) (hope the Nex 7 is better soon :? )
artington
Imperial Ambassador

Thanks Birma. Crossing fingers on Nex!

Glad to see your avatar's back from nirvana ;)
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

Happy Birthday! Hope you have a great day with family and friends!
bfitzgerald
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by bfitzgerald »

Have a good one and a Darwin Stubby if you drink that!
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Thanks Henry, Barry,
I did have a day to remember actually, just not in the traditional way. :D
How do you know about Darwin stubbies Barry? :shock:
Greg
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Happy birthday, Greg and Artington! :D

I'm indeed late but at least it's still within May...

I hope both of you enjoy a very prolific new age and have lots of new and beautiful memories and gifts in shape of new camera gear in the coming times. : )

Less broken-down vehicles and more Zeiss lenses for all. : )

Yildiz