Is it just me?

Anything else you want to get off your chest or any public chat you want to continue away from a main topic
Dusty
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Is it just me?

Unread post by Dusty »

I seem to have (at least when I view it) a photo that I think Greg took attached to my signature. It now appears on every one of my posts, old and new, but it's not in my profile.

Anyone else see it?

Dusty
An a700, an a550 and couple of a580s, plus even more lenses (Zeiss included!).
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Re: Is it just me?

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

No picture except your avatar.
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
Dusty

Unread post by Dusty »

Thanks, Doc. I've even logged off and back on, but it's still there for me. A full sized pic of a metal building being built on a beach or canal, with scrub brush in the foreground.

I'd hate to have someone think I was staling their work!

Dusty
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

All looks normal to me as well Dusty. I had something odd happen with my avatar recently (I turned in to the Doc!) and so I dropped it. I pm'd DK who was going to check on it when he was back from his trip. He suspected it may be a db. error.
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
Dusty

Unread post by Dusty »

I figured it out from looking at the source with the Firebug add-on. It's actually the edit gif, somehow cross connected to the photo. So, instead of tat small button, I get a whopping big pic!

Dusty
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

What’s the file number of the photo Dusty?
The strange stuff has been happening too me also for a while, but mainly to do with my log in, when I go to click in the name list box I get a large drop down list of everyone I’ve exchanged pm’s with (along with my own name in the list), I don’t know what would happen if I accidentally clicked on someone else’s name. :roll:
Greg
Dr. Harout

Greg Beetham wrote:...I don’t know what would happen if I accidentally clicked on someone else’s name. :roll:
Greg
You'll get an angry face picture with a NEX-7 on top of the bald head with an error and warning message from Kelso and with a "fried man" signature :lol:

Flickr
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Yeah Doc I didn’t know what too make of that photo, one interpretation is DK is looking up at the NEX as if too say ‘Oh my gawd’ but I don’t think that’s it, maybe the NEX is a replacement for the light-bulb inspiration metaphor and DK is looking up at in awe…whatever the case it’s rather thought provoking trying to speculate about the meaning of it…it could also mean that the NEX 7 is a camera to end all cameras and it positively radiates photographic karma, showering the user with almost divine compositional insight, but I doubt that one as well…somehow. I think we’ll have to wait and see if they ‘come clean’ at some point and tell us what, if anything, it actually means. I reckon the smart money is on it being Gary F’s idea and it was intended to keep us guessing.
Greg
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

I have experienced a small problem with the website (not forum) today which took it off line and suspect that a possible cause may be server-end cacheing. But that also should not affect the forum.

David
Dr. Harout

David Kilpatrick wrote:I have experienced a small problem with the website (not forum) today which took it off line and suspect that a possible cause may be server-end cacheing. But that also should not affect the forum.

David
That explains why I couldn't access the main page. The forum was OK though.

Flickr
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

I was thinking, is there any chance of ditching the 'You cannot post another message so soon after posting a message' deal, it's already time consuming enough trying to post sensible messages here with the at times flaky operation of the board.
Greg