I want one!

Anything else you want to get off your chest or any public chat you want to continue away from a main topic
Dusty
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

I want one!

Unread post by Dusty »

The new mega pixel leader camera: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-19634700

It might not be to practical to carry around, though!

Dusty
An a700, an a550 and couple of a580s, plus even more lenses (Zeiss included!).
Ken M
Grand Caliph

Re: I want one!

Unread post by Ken M »

I was just going to post this too!!! 570 Megapixels!!!

http://www.darkenergysurvey.org/DECam/D ... ml#readout

Full Frame???
A65 16mm-50mm 2.8
Tamron 72E 90mm 2.8 Macro
Sony 35mm 1.8 Sony
Sony 55-300mm and 55-200mm

My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

Yeah a nifty little handycam Dusty, I wonder what the max frame rate is or how big the buffer is? :lol:
Greg
Ps I don’t ‘get’ dark matter and dark energy, my question as always is ‘WHERE IS IT?’ if 96% of the universe is made up of the stuff then it should be everywhere including the makeup of the Earth, Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, the Asteroids, Jupiter and moons, Saturn and moons, Uranus and moons, Neptune and moons, Pluto and the Ort cloud, but no there is nary a single atom of the stuff anywhere in sight…very strange for an entire solar system to be made totally of something so rare that only 4% of it exists in the universe and absolutely none of the 96% ‘other stuff’ got involved.
Normal matter should be so rare that you would have to dig kilometres through dark matter just to find a trace of it. If dark matter and normal matter got segregated somehow, by what process was that done? And how come 96% of the universe is segregated into a place where no one knows where it’s gone too?
I think the universe is much older and bigger than it looks (the speed of light is too slow to keep us up to date) and the majority of the missing mass is dead star cores and neutron stars etc. There isn’t a lot of use analysing the universe (progressively) out billions of light years away and trying to make sense out of it because that’s how the universe looked billions of years AGO, in reality it probably looks nothing like that in ‘now’ time. It also gives one the impression that gravity travels at a different speed to light, more of an instantaneous type connection. What we need is a telescope that can ‘see’ gravity.
Also could the distant ‘red shift’ be attributed too vestigial inflation effects left over from the original so called ‘big bang.’ The further ‘out’ one looks the closer one gets to the beginning where things were supposedly moving a lot faster than they are now so I would have thought it would be no surprise that the further you go back in time the faster the movement would appear to be, the universe could actually be slowing down in reality, (the nearby galaxies aren’t speeding away and that is the most current information to hand, the Andromeda galaxy is actually approaching ours at 130Km/sec) it might even be contracting now but we would not know it for millions or billions of years, we would still see it as continuing too expand for a long time yet.
Dusty
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by Dusty »

Since we're in OT...

My take on dark matter - they don't have a clue, so they're fishing for something. My answer to how it all works is found in Colossians 1:17 "He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together."

Dusty
An a700, an a550 and couple of a580s, plus even more lenses (Zeiss included!).
Atgets_Apprentice
Grand Caliph

Unread post by Atgets_Apprentice »

Betting back on topic in off topic, I have some questions:

1/ Is it an SLT?
2/ What size SD card will I need?
3/ Is there a Lowepro bag to put it in?
4/ Does it come with a vaccuum cleaner for dust removal?
5/ Will my wife notice it on the credit card statement?
XG-1, XD-5, XD-7, X-500, XG1n, X300, 7000i, 700si, 800si, 500si Super, 600si, Dynax 5, KM 7D, a100, a200, a300, a580. And another 600si.....