Um

Anything else you want to get off your chest or any public chat you want to continue away from a main topic
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Um

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

Does anyone notice anything…in the background; I wonder why they are going all commercial all of a sudden?
Greg
Umtoo.jpg
Umtoo.jpg (49.11 KiB) Viewed 5021 times
Dusty
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Re: Um

Unread post by Dusty »

Maybe they realize Sony is doing a worse job making cameras than they did, and are testing the waters about getting back in?

Dusty
An a700, an a550 and couple of a580s, plus even more lenses (Zeiss included!).
Atgets_Apprentice
Grand Caliph

Unread post by Atgets_Apprentice »

Don't they still do copiers & stuff?
XG-1, XD-5, XD-7, X-500, XG1n, X300, 7000i, 700si, 800si, 500si Super, 600si, Dynax 5, KM 7D, a100, a200, a300, a580. And another 600si.....
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

That’s what I thought too, but it turns out there is lots more depth to KM than that. :shock: http://www.konicaminolta.com/opt/produc ... index.html
Greg
Dusty

Unread post by Dusty »

Greg Beetham wrote:That’s what I thought too, but it turns out there is lots more depth to KM than that. :shock: http://www.konicaminolta.com/opt/produc ... index.html
Greg
Yes, I noticed that they still make replacement lenses for SLRs. Maybe we can get some new beercans!

Dusty
An a700, an a550 and couple of a580s, plus even more lenses (Zeiss included!).
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

I'm hoping for a proper camera, but that's wishful thinking.
Greg
KevinBarrett

Unread post by KevinBarrett »

Greg Beetham wrote:That’s what I thought too, but it turns out there is lots more depth to KM than that. :shock: http://www.konicaminolta.com/opt/produc ... index.html
Greg
That's a weird mix of lenses, stripped of branding, too:
35/1.4G, 85/1.4G (D), 75-300, 18-70
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Yeah KB, I don’t think it’s in anyway retail orientated with the camera lenses, I think it’s pitched at camera companies who need help producing camera lenses to cover unforeseen events, natural disasters, customers threatening insurrection unless a lens is made available etc.
I guess that’s why there is no particular branding, the cosmetics probably can be arranged to suit any occasion, apparently they were making lenses for Sony (the KM ones) up until 2011 when the agreement between themselves and Sony ended, maybe they still are making some for all I know, as usual Japanese companies don’t release much meaningful information for one to get an accurate idea of what’s going on.
I think the optical division is mostly engaged in optics for surveillance cameras and phone cams and anything else that comes along probably.
Greg
Atgets_Apprentice
Grand Caliph

Going back to the original image, does anyone know the final score?
XG-1, XD-5, XD-7, X-500, XG1n, X300, 7000i, 700si, 800si, 500si Super, 600si, Dynax 5, KM 7D, a100, a200, a300, a580. And another 600si.....
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

I don’t actually follow soccer all that closely even when we are playing someone, I just happened to see it while changing the TV channel and noticed the logo in the background so I thought it might be interesting to see what everyone else thought of it, hence that’s why at the time I tracked down some footage somewhere (forget where) and during slow-forward stopped the play and did a screen capture (to gather the evidence).
I think this is the correct game, but I wouldn’t swear to it. http://www.soccerway.com/matches/2012/1 ... a/1269303/
Greg
Atgets_Apprentice
Grand Caliph

Mmm. Two pretty late goals for the Aussies then! Good!
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Yep they left it to the death to get their finger out it seems.
I think soccer is a great game but it got itself tarnished with all the scandals at the top and bad behavior by spectators, and now lately game fixing. I’ve watched some games during the world cup and there was some great play but talk about academy award performances for milking penalties, rolling around on the ground clutching a broken leg etc. but then after the penalty or card is awarded they have a miraculous recovery.
I think that they should bring out a stretcher if someone has obviously suffered such a serious injury that they are on the ground with a busted something or other and can’t get up, take them off the field, not to return for the rest of the game.
After a few of those serious injury removals, the rest might take heed that they might need to harden up a little otherwise they might not get much game play.
Doing that might at least tidy up one section of the game.
Greg

Ps I had to laugh the other day, the shiny new cricket captain we have now was saying on TV about how they have to lift a few things in their game, he said, ‘basically all we have to do is make more runs, take more wickets and take more catches’….phew I thought, that’s a relief that there are only three things that need fixing, look at how much worse it could have been. :lol:
pakodominguez
Minister with Portfolio

Unread post by pakodominguez »

Greg Beetham wrote:Yep they left it to the death to get their finger out it seems.
I think soccer is a great game but it got itself tarnished with all the scandals at the top and bad behavior by spectators, and now lately game fixing...
I learn in my (short?) life that you see what you want to see. Today Tuesday, February 26 2013 at 20:00 HS (Greenwich time), the best Football (the real one, the one you play with your foot) game we can expect will happen in Barcelona: Barcelona vs Real Madrid, semifinals for the Coup of the king.
And all the bad things you describe, but game fixing, will occur. But I'll only watch the game. And I believe we gonna win!
Pako
------------
http://www.pakodominguez.photo/blog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Hey Pako, I should have known that you’d be a soccer supporter, both of those teams are Spanish…aren’t they? I thought you came from down south of the Equator…like me? :D
Greg
pakodominguez
Minister with Portfolio

Unread post by pakodominguez »

I'm Peruvian, but my father was Spanish (I do have both passports) and I had the chance of living in Argentina and France before I moved to NYC. I love Futbol. I have teams I support in Peru, Argentina, Spain (not really in France...) and here in NYC I'm trilled with the Cosmos playing in the MLS this summer!
If you have the chance, watch that game latter today, we won't be disappointed.
Pako
------------
http://www.pakodominguez.photo/blog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;