Bad ebay sellers..

Anything else you want to get off your chest or any public chat you want to continue away from a main topic
bfitzgerald
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Bad ebay sellers..

Unread post by bfitzgerald »

Very few over the years but returned a memory card to this seller (after feedback was left) Months have passed all messages are ignore after returning it on their advice
No response nothing even after multiple messages which is very disappointing as I've used them a lot for cards/USB memory sticks

Even top rated sellers can be junk..

sinceritytrading is on my bad sellers list, avoid them is my advice

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/sinceritytrad ... 1438.l2754

Any bad experiences add your own
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Re: Bad ebay sellers..

Unread post by bakubo »

Back in the late 1990s and early 2000s I sold a fair amount of stuff on ebay, but my last 2 selling experiences there were bad so I try not to anymore. Too many scammers and dimwits. I have bought small things (lens adapters, lens hoods, etc.) off ebay from China in recent years without any problems and even bought a brand new Panasonic 14mm f2.5 for $160 from a seller who sells them from Panasonic camera/lens kits. Got it fast and much cheaper than buying the lens as a standalone purchase.

When I sell stuff (cameras, lenses) I try to do it using craigslist where I can meet the person, hand over the item, and get cash in hand. That has worked well for the last few years. It helps to be in an urban area where there is a reasonably large pool of buyers. The only auctions I have done in recent years were in Japan using Yahoo Japan auctions. I sold several lenses and a flash there last year and all sales were without any problems at all.