Marilyn Monroe Canvas

Anything else you want to get off your chest or any public chat you want to continue away from a main topic
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Marilyn Monroe Canvas

Unread post by bakubo »

If only she had an Audrey Hepburn canvas for sale..... Every Toni, Deidra, and Harriet has a Marilyn Monroe canvas for sale... Marilyn looks absolutely fabulous in this canvas. :lol:

Marilyn Monroe Canvas - $20

http://austin.craigslist.org/pho/4025127832.html

Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Re: Marilyn Monroe Canvas

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

Hmmpf Marilyn M depicted as a brunette? It’s not working for me, at least, I wouldn’t pay a plugged nickel for that ‘canvas’ whatever that is supposed to mean. I agree Audrey Hepburn was gorgeous, they don’t make em like that anymore, a superstar with class, manners and grace, not crass and vulgar like so many stars today.
Greg
Ps I saw the re-enactment of M M singing haapy birrthday to JFK some time ago (or was it the actual footage? Can’t remember now) anyway I always wondered since what Jackie K was thinking while she was doing that little number. :roll:
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

Greg, yes this MM canvas will probably go fast, fast, fast. Much faster than an AH one would sell. :lol:
Dusty
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by Dusty »

Greg,

Jackie was thinking "This is what Kennedy women do, look the other way and prostitute themselves for the riches and fame it brings."

Dusty
An a700, an a550 and couple of a580s, plus even more lenses (Zeiss included!).
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

Dusty wrote:Greg,

Jackie was thinking "This is what Kennedy women do, look the other way and prostitute themselves for the riches and fame it brings."
And the Clinton and Weiner women too. :lol:
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Dusty wrote:Greg,

Dusty
Yeah I guess. I suppose J E Hoover would have it all in a file someplace, he kept a file on everyone I think. I saw on a show some time ago about how the FBI regarded Elvis P with suspicion too, he was watched and regarded as a potential subversive because he was vastly more popular (deservedly) than the president, Nixon I think it was at the time.
Actually poor ol MM didn’t have much of a chance I think, tampering with the president and all, but it all ended well, she conveniently topped herself before it became an insurmountable scandal.
Anyway JFK got in the way of a bullet not all that long afterwards (I still remember where I was at the moment I heard the news) so we never got to see a mention of MM in the memoirs…or not.
Funny thing there was also a mysterious bullet at the time that did a right angle turn in midair, (if you go by the official account). :roll:
Greg
ps I don't know if the Clinton incident would be on file in every little detail, he was having trouble remembering exactly what happened himself. :lol:
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

Marilyn Monroe called Jackie Kennedy about JFK affair, book claims

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505263_162- ... ok-claims/
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

I guess you can write things like that and sell some books, but without Jackie being alive now to confirm or deny it who can say what phone conversations she had with who about what. If there was a genuine recorded conversation then that could be something worthwhile but if there isn’t it’s just a good yarn.
I doubt even MM would have realistically entertained the idea that JFK as President of the United States (and who was heavily embroiled in the dangerous game of breaking up crime and corruption syndicates at the time) would consider for a second breaking up the first family as well and divorcing Jackie, his anchor, who was accomplished and sophisticated and very highly regarded everywhere (even the arch enemy of the US at the time Khrushchev thought she was wonderful) so he then could turn around and marry her, a brief dalliance at best, it would be pure fantasy. :roll:
Greg