Vatican Bramante Staircase

Anything else you want to get off your chest or any public chat you want to continue away from a main topic
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Vatican Bramante Staircase

Unread post by bakubo »

I am sure you have all seen similar photos by various people of the Vatican Bramante Staircase. I took this one in 1994 and I had never, as far as I know, seen a photo of it before, but since then I have seen many that look much like this. Of course, I think most photographers even if they had never seen a photo of it from this perspective would see the photo waiting to be taken. Do you have a photo of this also? If so, please post it here.

Birma
Tower of Babel

Re: Vatican Bramante Staircase

Unread post by Birma »

Cool picture Henry :) . Love the swirl of the staircase and the spread of people going up and down it. Looking forward to more versions of it.
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

Since I took this shot I have seen other photos that are very similar many times. I suspect that almost any photographer who is on the staircase will look down and see that it is a nice photo. Surely someone here has also taken one similar to this. I saw one a few days ago somewhere and I have seen them in magazines.
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Never been there...
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

Dr. Harout wrote:Never been there...
The Vatican is well worth a visit. St. Peter's Basilica, Sistine Chapel, Michelangelo's Pietà, museum, etc.