Meeting on the hill

Anything else you want to get off your chest or any public chat you want to continue away from a main topic
bossel
Viceroy

Meeting on the hill

Unread post by bossel »

Today was very interesting. We visited the medieval village of Entrevaux in the French Alps (I'll post some pics in a seperate thread). Now the interesting thing was, there is this citadelle on top of the mountain and we climbed all the way up, and it was about 30C/86F degrees in the shadow but we climbed in the sun and ... well I am disgressing :mrgreen: . Arriving on the top, what do we see? There sits a guy with an A700, vertival grip and a G lens! I started some small talk, and then he reveals his bag with some more lenses and his wife proudly presents a 7D. What a surprise in the middle of nowhere!! I think he was as surprised as I was to see another A700 :D He was swiss with a Minolta history and we both enjoyed how easy it was to kick of a discussion, just because we belong to the same, small (but growing) Sony community!
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Re: Meeting on the hill

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

When Shirley and I stopped the car on the way to the north-east coast of Tenerife last November, at a small viewpoint with seats on top of the mountains, we realised there were two Dynax 7D shooters there - one equipped with a 400mm f4.5 for shooting wildlife. He turned out to be a dPreview regular and therefore 'knew' me and I knew him! We would have stayed for a while, but we had a long day (coming from the opposite end of the island) and a lot of ground to cover, so we just said hello and talked for a few minutes about the wildlife - all they had seen was rats going for sandwich wrappers thrown away by tourists...

David
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

Are you going too keep us in suspense David..about who the dpr-er was :)
Greg
ps The only thing I really know about Tenerife is that terrible accident between the KLM and the PAN-AM 747's, it was one of the accidents described in an issue of Air Accident Reports I happened to pick up in a Newsagent one day, morbidly fascinating stuff actually too find out what causes some of these accidents.
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

Those medieval villages look incredibly photogenic, but I've often wondered if they all that marvelous too actually live in..eg sans the modern amenities, the novelty might wear off after a while.

Greg
HFnotts
Initiate

Unread post by HFnotts »

Tenerife -- UGG UGG.
The opnly time we went there w2as top find some sun in the February after my retirement in December. Two days in I got such bad food poisoning from the 5* hotel we were in that I hade to be flown home!!
NEVER again.
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

My error - not a dPreviewer - a Dyxum regular (though I have not seen the name for some time, active, and can't remember who it is!). French, living in Tenerife and with a Spanish email address as a result.

David