Flying backwards in LA

Anything else you want to get off your chest or any public chat you want to continue away from a main topic
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Flying backwards in LA

Unread post by bakubo »

Recently in the Tiny sensor revenge gallery thread! there have been several air show photos posted:

http://www.photoclubalpha.com/forum/vie ... =17&t=4195

Coincidentally, today I saw a photo on the CNN website:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/28/world/gal ... pt=hp_bn14

Unfortunately, I cannot link to the actual photo, but you can find it at the link above if you go through the photos. Here is a reduced size version (with the copyright info) along with the caption:
Los Angeles County Air Show.jpg
(64.87 KiB) Downloaded 1253 times
A Lockheed T-33 Shooting Star flies past the Smoke-N-Thunder jet car during a race between the two at the Los Angeles County Air Show on Friday, March 21.

Hmm, I guess the T-33 is so much faster than the car it flies backwards to make the race more fair. :lol: Even backwards the plane is still winning though. :lol:
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Re: Flying backwards in LA

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

Try as I might I couldn’t locate a description of the race, there was lots of info about the upcoming air show (now finished) but not much about after the air show and what happened during it, so I guess we’ll just have to take their word for it that the jet car was racing the plane (in reverse) well one of them was at least. :lol:
Dammit Henry, as soon as you go looking for something on the internet you end up side-tracked onto all sorts of other stuff that has nothing to do with what you originally wanted, ever noticed that? :roll:
Greg
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Cool find Henry. Who doesn't love a rocket car?! :)
Last edited by Birma on Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

Greg Beetham wrote:Try as I might I couldn’t locate a description of the race, there was lots of info about the upcoming air show (now finished) but not much about after the air show and what happened during it, so I guess we’ll just have to take their word for it that the jet car was racing the plane (in reverse) well one of them was at least. :lol:
With that rocket blast coming out of the back of the car it would need an awful powerful engine to get it to go in reverse. :lol: Or maybe the wind is strong enough to overpower the rocket and get it going backwards. Conversely, everyone knows how easy it is to do the mods to the T-33 to get it to fly backwards. Hobbyists have been doing it for ages. :lol:
Greg Beetham wrote: Dammit Henry, as soon as you go looking for something on the internet you end up side-tracked onto all sorts of other stuff that has nothing to do with what you originally wanted, ever noticed that? :roll:
Oh yes, I know how that goes. :)
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Greg Beetham wrote:...Dammit Henry, as soon as you go looking for something on the internet you end up side-tracked onto all sorts of other stuff that has nothing to do with what you originally wanted, ever noticed that? :roll:
Greg
You can say that again.
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr