Go fly a kite

Anything else you want to get off your chest or any public chat you want to continue away from a main topic
david antony
Viceroy

Go fly a kite

Unread post by david antony »

This is beautiful, the guy has remarkably 'soft hands'. I wonder how he manages to have the kites perform those moves in the sky in perfect synchronism, and how he manages to land the kites so softly.

HE IS FLYING THEM BY THE PLANETARIUM , Kits Beach, Vancouver.

The guy flying the 3 kites is in his 80s, and he's from Canada . He comes to the Washington State International Kite Festival every year. His skin is like leather as he normally flies with his shirt off. He is deaf, so when he flies we hold our hands up and wave them for applause. He flies 2 with his hands and the 3rd one is attached to his waist. Enjoy!

You must watch to the end to see the amazing landing of that last kite! Make sure the volume is turned up because the music ( 'The Flower Duet' from 'Lakme' by Leo Delibes) is wonderful and totally reflects the soaring of the kites.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/nr9KrqN_lIg
sury
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Re: Go fly a kite

Unread post by sury »

Fascinating. Thanks for sharing DA.

Sury
Minimize avoidable sufferings - Sir Karl Popper
pakodominguez
Minister with Portfolio

Re: Go fly a kite

Unread post by pakodominguez »

Nice!

I'm more into the Charly Brown's kite's skills -I haven't try to fly one since I was a kid... But I got a small drone, bigger than a toy, smaller and cheaper than the "real thing", that I just register. I'll try to fly it at the park soon, if there is no one watching (mostly all NYC is a non-fly zone)
Pako
------------
http://www.pakodominguez.photo/blog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;