Samyang 85mm f/1.4 chipped A-mount

List items you wish to sell directly to other Photoclubalpha members
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Samyang 85mm f/1.4 chipped A-mount

Unread postby David Kilpatrick » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:02 am

The photographs (when opened/downloaded) show just how crude my fitting of a cut-down 85mm lens identity chip was to the this lens - the mount was very soft metal, and the chip itself had to be cut down as well. Normally you can't chip this lens as there is no room, but in fact the chip itself is unaffected, and everything works perfectly. The bayonet looks mangled but, again, works perfectly. And no, the cutting was not done with the mount on the lens... it could be tidied up no doubt with some hard solder and filing/polishing work but as it stands it works and poses no risk of anything detaching and falling into the camera.

Not only that, during testing today I found that the A7II and maybe other A7 models will, with the LA-EA3 attached, allow manual 'setting' of the aperture although there's no aperture to set. So you can get full EXIF data in effect, the camera knows the focal length and maximum aperture from the chip, you set the aperture on the camera to match the manually set aperture on the lens, and the shutter speed too - full data.

The lens itself is optically mint and has only been used with care in the studio and a few times outdoors.

I'm looking for £160 plus postage.

samyang-alpha.jpg
(266 KiB) Not downloaded yet

samyang-surgery.jpg
(230.05 KiB) Not downloaded yet

samyangfront.jpg
(140.65 KiB) Not downloaded yet

David

Return to “Private FS posts”