Unreliable shops on the web

You are permitted to post relevant eBay auction links on this forum only
VyronasV
Acolyte

Unreliable shops on the web

Unread postby VyronasV » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:27 pm

Today my bank call me and said "we have money from Simply electronic received" .I was very happy that this company kept there promise and send me back the money that i tranfered to them . The banker told me there is a small diference with the amount, you have received only 1481 Euro but your card was charged for 1564 Euro. .

Simly electronics used my money for 25 days and after they cancelled the order they said "we can not supply this product and we will refund you the money.

You can not supply this product to someone, because the sterling and the Euro rate has changed, can you?
You invest the money for 25 days they get the intrest and after that they send you back not your amount but the lowered price. Can you imagine if they do this to a large amount of customers how much money they make in 25 days without effort.
I hope i am the last stupid person who has attempted to order from them and lost money and i regret that i ignored the warning i got about this company.
a700-VG/11-18/17-35/16-105/50 1.4/50 2.8/70-400 G

harvey
Oligarch

Re: Unreliable shops on the web

Unread postby harvey » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:46 pm

VyronasV wrote:Today my bank call me and said "we have money from Simply electronic received" .I was very happy that this company kept there promise and send me back the money that i tranfered to them . The banker told me there is a small diference with the amount, you have received only 1481 Euro but your card was charged for 1564 Euro. .

I would avoid companies that take payment before despatch. Also be careful of companies that seem to have a huge range of stock, often they just have a web site, no stock and order in when you place the order. Better to phone up and get them to confirm they have stock before you order.

The EU distance selling regulations say

"Where a supplier fails to perform his side of the contract on the grounds that the goods or services ordered are unavailable, the consumer must be informed of this situation and must be able to obtain a refund of any sums he has paid as soon as possible and in any case within 30 days."

So they refunded within 30 days. I expect if you paid in Euros you should get refunded the same amount in Euros.

You should contact any consumer rights organisations you have for advice.

Harvey

VyronasV
Acolyte

Unread postby VyronasV » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:13 am

Thanks harvey for the usefull information, i will let you know what will hapen
a700-VG/11-18/17-35/16-105/50 1.4/50 2.8/70-400 G

Dusty
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread postby Dusty » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:25 pm

If you would have used Paypal, you could have got your money all back!

I don;t know if they take it or not, but it's one of the surer ways of payment today.

Dusty

KeithW
Acolyte

Unread postby KeithW » Sat May 29, 2010 2:06 am

Dusty wrote:If you would have used Paypal, you could have got your money all back!

I don;t know if they take it or not, but it's one of the surer ways of payment today.

Dusty

PayPal buyer protection applies to eBay sales only

Outside of eBay and your on dodgy ground
Mouse potato - The online generations version of a couch potato

Return to “Auctions and eBay”