Canon A900 with 70-300 G SSM

You are permitted to post relevant eBay auction links on this forum only
KevinBarrett
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Canon A900 with 70-300 G SSM

Unread postby KevinBarrett » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:29 am

Um...

50a90244d787f.jpg
Because the EOS 100D wasn't small enough...
50a90244d787f.jpg (306.99 KiB) Viewed 2348 times

http://www.ebay.com/itm/8GB-MiNi-EOS-Ca ... 33832931d8
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --

Birma
Tower of Babel

Re: Canon A900 with 70-300 G SSM

Unread postby Birma » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:54 am

Says it all really. It is only a camera when it says Canon on the front. :roll:

At the weekend we had a day out at Stratford-Upon-Avon where there are many visitors at this time of year. Always a fun spot for an informal camera census :)

I was amazed at the number of dslrs. Admittedly, they are easier to see as they are not pocketable. I stopped counting at 40. Two Nikons, one Sony (an A58!), and the rest Canons. This included Pros by which I mean togs with two Dx bodies around their necks and White lenses, or a video production crew with them! There were a smattering of CSCs with Olympus winning that and a few Nex, with one Samsung. The thing that surprised me most was that I didn't see a single compact, but lots of camera phones in use, two tablets, and a net book ( :shock: ).

So my unscientific analysis is that we are in a photographic renaissance. Every one is now a photographer, or at least carries a video and stills camera. Those that take this more seriously are buying dslrs, the (consumer) compact is dead, and Canon has Stratford sewn up 8) .
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.

Dr. Harout
Tower of Babel

Unread postby Dr. Harout » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:03 am

Birma wrote:....Stratford-Upon-Avon... .

Brings back memories :roll:
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr

bfitzgerald
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread postby bfitzgerald » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:43 am

Almost everyone I know buys Canon and looking at tourists around various places (where I go there are a lot of tourists too heaps of them) most of them use Canon too, though you get a few Nikon's the odd mirrorless too, and I did meet an American girl with an A77 a few weeks back

It's the reason I don't want to use Canon despite having some respect for them the "path well travelled" appeals less, maybe a petty choice but one to note. The other is DR well grumbles aside on Sony they do deliver very good DR, certainly a good step up over Canon here, no question even the FF bodies I've used struggle with DR (and the A57 and A77 don't) Other reason vintage Minolta lenses, Canon have a big selection of glass but nothing can match some of the Minolta gems I've acquired or used, all of which are stabilised on the digital bodies ;-)

Choice is good, and Sony angst issues aside well I'm staying put for now. And even if I did move at some point it probably would not be to Canon

Return to “Auctions and eBay”