Where to buy PS CS5 and LR3

Tell other members what you are looking for
KevinBarrett
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Where to buy PS CS5 and LR3

Unread postby KevinBarrett » Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:09 pm

I decided software might be the best expenditure to alleviate my Gear Acquisition Syndrome. Anybody know where is the best place to buy PS CS5 and LR3? I see B&H has a bundle, tax free and free shipping, for $845. Is that as good as it gets?
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --

harvey
Oligarch

Re: Where to buy PS CS5 and LR3

Unread postby harvey » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:48 am

Did you check the Adobe store? I have purchased upgrades from the UK store in the past. The US store gives a discount on LR3 if purchased with PS CS5. Since I don't know what tax you pay I can't tell if it would be cheaper.

Harvey

KevinBarrett

Unread postby KevinBarrett » Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:44 pm

Yes, I believe they came up to somewhere around $925. Before tax, the price was similar to the B&H bundle, but B&H doesn't charge tax on internet purchases except in states where they absolutely have to. I ordered from B&H.
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --

KevinBarrett

Unread postby KevinBarrett » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:41 pm

The software comes in tomorrow! The first thing I'm going to do is use the Content Aware Fill to delete somebody's nose and see how it handles it.
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --

David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread postby David Kilpatrick » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:58 pm

Ah, the famous Photoshop Third Eye effect....

(if you doubt me, try it but be sure to delete all the way up to the eyebrows).

David

Dusty

Unread postby Dusty » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:49 am

I know you can't use this method, but if I buy high dollar software from now on, my daughters will buy it as student editions. MUCH cheaper, although w/ Adobe it's only 1 title per year. Glad I have 3 kids in school! Photoshop CS5 is $199 for students.

I actually know a guy who would enroll in college every few years to get cheap software. Another told me his kids buy all the software thru school that he uses at home.

Dusty

KevinBarrett

Unread postby KevinBarrett » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:58 am

Dusty wrote:I know you can't use this method, but if I buy high dollar software from now on, my daughters will buy it as student editions. MUCH cheaper, although w/ Adobe it's only 1 title per year. Glad I have 3 kids in school! Photoshop CS5 is $199 for students.

I actually know a guy who would enroll in college every few years to get cheap software. Another told me his kids buy all the software thru school that he uses at home.

Dusty

Crud! I could have known that a week ago! My wife is in school! See, this is why I started this thread before I purchased.
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --

Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread postby Birma » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:08 am

There is a discount in the UK too https://store2.adobe.com/cfusion/store/html/index.cfm?store=OLS-EDU-UK&event=displayHome. It will be a couple of years before my daughter can qualify (she is only 2!) but at this price I can see that it makes it worth enrolling in a part time course just to get the discount :shock: .

Kevin - I don't suppose you have any options of returning your purchase? I know they get a bit funny about that with s/w.
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.

KevinBarrett

Unread postby KevinBarrett » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:16 pm

To be honest, it makes little difference in the end. I just signed for an open line of credit to pay for her accelerated nursing school at a private school over here and I'm not done reeling from that one. We spend something like that $844 on her books each semester.
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --

Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread postby Birma » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:27 pm

Ouch :shock: I know what you mean - my wife has been through 3 higher educational courses (inc. nursing) and I don't want to think of the cost of the books etc. Makes photography seem quite cheap :D.
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.

Return to “Want-ads”