LCD Protect Cover for A700

The Photoclubalpha team will provide answers but anyone who knows the gen can offer theirs too
mldh

LCD Protect Cover for A700

Unread post by mldh »

I have recently purchase an A700 and am very impressed with it (previously used KM7D). I am struggling to obtain the LCD cover PCK-LH1AM has anyone suggestions as to a known source in the UK? I am concerned about marking/scratching the camera LCD or is it pretty tough and scratch resistant? I was told by Jessops that it is made from bullet proof material??? Any help will be appreciated.
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Re: LCD Protect Cover for A700

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

I bought two and the first is well scratched - it is far from resistant, but it does not fall off and it will last a long time, and the cover is getting scratched not your LCD. I did not fit the cover for six months and my LCD is permanently marked as a result.

You can order one through photoclubalpha's associate sales site, The Photostore - http://www.photostore-uk.com

David
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

I can only compare it with the similar KM one for the 7D, which falls off almost immediately. The Sony one is very firm by comparison. We spent a week shoving through Spanish crowds during a fiesta, and it stayed put, which surprised me.

David
bossel
Viceroy

Unread post by bossel »

I never used an LCD protector on my KM5D and after 2.5 years the display is as new.

Anyway, since people keep saying the A700 display is so sensitive, I ordered one for it. My research revealed some prefer the hardcover and some a film. Ordered a film, should get in a day or two.

See here, scroll down to see the demo video: http://www.caru-displayschutz.com/Sony_ ... guard.html

Hope it's as good as it looks, also some at dpreview recommended it.
david antony
Viceroy

Unread post by david antony »

I bought one for an iTouch, cut it to size for my A200
I am pretty sure this will not drop off any time soon!
If it did I have enough to cut another.
bossel
Viceroy

Unread post by bossel »

Got my Caru, it feels quite solid, not "wobbly" 8) (is that english?). Cleaned my LCD and put it on, it's invisible! No air bubbles below, but that's not amazing. it's actually not like a very thin film, but a bit thick, but not too much. I think it will not fall off.

Does it really protect the LCD? Ask me again in a few weeks! :wink: At least it attracts finger prints as well as the unprotected LCD! :mrgreen: Anyway, I feel better now, I feel my LCD is protected!