Raw Files

The Photoclubalpha team will provide answers but anyone who knows the gen can offer theirs too
gaz_daf
Acolyte

Raw Files

Unread post by gaz_daf »

Can anyone tell me of a good book to read to learn about Raw Files etc, I went to PCworld but most books have only one or two pages about the subject. :? :?: I've not used the RAW setting yet :(
Gaz
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

'Real World Camera Raw' by Bruce Fraser - do a Google search, you'll find plenty of offers Amazon etc.

David
gaz_daf
Acolyte

raw

Unread post by gaz_daf »

Thank You! Gaz
Gaz
01af
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by 01af »

David Kilpatrick wrote:'Real World Camera Raw' by Bruce Fraser ...
I have this book, and it sure is great! So I was tempted to give the same advice---however this book is useful only for those who are using Adobe Camera Raw. Those who are using other raw converters better look elsewhere.

By the way, Fraser's book is for CS2 and Camera Raw 3 so it's out-dated by now. Unfortunately, Fraser passed away last year. His friend and colleage Jeff Schewe has taken responsibility for Fraser's Camera Raw book. Currently he is working on the new and updated version for CS3 and Camera Raw 4 which is expected to be released later this year, in September or October.

-- Olaf
gaz_daf
Acolyte

Camera Raw

Unread post by gaz_daf »

:( Sorry to hear about Mr Bruce Fraser Olaf, I'm sure he will be missed. I took Davids advice and sent for the book and it opens your eyes a bit when you read it. I'm about halfway thro' it at the moment & tried one or two things out tho' it takes a bit of grasping at times. I read a bit and put it down - returning later to try and absorb what I've just read. It may be a bit out of date but I'm learning slowly from it,I think it was money well spent. :) (what's the update called)
Gaz
wobble
Acolyte

Unread post by wobble »

I was going to ask a similar question as I've just started to dabble with RAW, as well as monochrome since picking up a copy of CS3 with the student license.

I found the CS3 version of this book this evening on Amazon but wondered whether it may be a little too techy/detailed for me. I'm going to see if I can look at it in somewhere like Waterstones first.