Photo storage in the field.

The Photoclubalpha team will provide answers but anyone who knows the gen can offer theirs too
Alain
Initiate

Re: Photo storage in the field.

Unread post by Alain »

bakubo wrote:
braeside wrote:I was planning to just shoot cRAW, the only problem being that I cannot view them on the Asus, but to be honest it would be painful on the small screen, not to mention slow.
I don't know about the A900 cRAW files, but the free Faststone program works fine on my Asus EeePC 900HA (WinXP) to view my A700 cRAW files.
I tried faststone 3.7 to view my A700 RAW files and it didn't do it, have you tried with A700 RAW files instead of cRAW?
braeside
Grand Caliph

Unread post by braeside »

I don't have an A700 here and did not shoot RAW (only cRAW + JPG).

I just checked with the A900 RAW and that works fine. Check with Bakubo, he uses the A700.

What exactly happens when you select an A700 RAW file? - Do you get the thumbnails OK?

Have you tried cRAW and does that work?

Are you using Linux with Wine or Windows XP?
David
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

Alain wrote:I tried faststone 3.7 to view my A700 RAW files and it didn't do it, have you tried with A700 RAW files instead of cRAW?
It works for my A700 cRAW, A100 RAW, Canon 30D RAW, Canon DRebel/300D RAW, Minolta D7i RAW, jpeg, and tiff files. I have used it on WinXP and Vista. If it works on cRAW I would certainly expect it to work with RAW since that is simpler.