Bizzare triple shots

The Photoclubalpha team will provide answers but anyone who knows the gen can offer theirs too
Ewannawe
Oligarch

Bizzare triple shots

Unread post by Ewannawe »

Wandering round an aquarium yesterday taking shots with a 70-210 f4.5 and it was struggling to cope with the low light (iso considerations aside), so went back to the car and changed over to a 17-50 f2.8 and thereafter every shot I took ended up as 3 images on the memory card.

Thinking as I write the above, did I accidently turn on bracketing but I don't believe this was the problem as the images were virtualy identical. The middle image of the three tended to have a slightly bluer look, but it was very slight and there was nothing to choose between exp 1 and exp 3.

Can anyone think what happened, or had a similar problem. I've yet to test the camera again so might have something to add later...

(edit to add. A200 with 70-210 Minolta lens followed by 17-50 Tamron)
Reality is merely illusion, albeit a persistent one. ~ Albert Einstein
To be conscious that you are ignorant is a great step to knowledge. ~ Benjamin Disraeli
KevinBarrett
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Re: Bizzare triple shots

Unread post by KevinBarrett »

DRO bracketing is the only setting that will produce three files from one exposure, varying the intensity of the DRO effect between them. Check the images to see if the last of any set of three doesn't have dramatically lighter shadows than the other two.

[EDIT] I hadn't tried White Balance bracketing, thanks DK.
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

WB Bracketing enabled.

David
Ewannawe
Oligarch

Unread post by Ewannawe »

You are probably correct though I wonder how I managed to turn it on?
Anyway, I reset the camera to defaults and the problem had disappeared when next fired up.
Reality is merely illusion, albeit a persistent one. ~ Albert Einstein
To be conscious that you are ignorant is a great step to knowledge. ~ Benjamin Disraeli