AF confirmation adapter for A-mount manual lens help/advice

The Photoclubalpha team will provide answers but anyone who knows the gen can offer theirs too
Pirate
Oligarch

Re: AF confirmation adapter for A-mount manual lens help/advice

Unread post by Pirate »

David Kilpatrick wrote:0.3m? I am sure if you set the lens to f5.6 and only 30cm distance, stuff will out of focus. Try 3m distance for outdoors, 2m distance for indoors. You can only get focus confirmation if you add a chip to the lens, this can either mean glueing or hacking up the mount a bit, and the chips cost about £40 - it should not be needed.

Also, do not set any exposure compensation. Set A mode and spot metering for circular image fisheyes.

David
Ahoy David!

So, if I set the camera AF to M and the mode dial to A, set the lens aperture to f/5.6 or f/8 for example and the distance scale to 3m for outside shooting, spot focus/metering, do I then have to match the camera aperture to match that selected on the lens?

I can't see a way to focus on the nearest subject, so is this basically guesswork and then you set the minimum distance on the lens?

I think I'm going to need some guidance initially to get the hang of this. The lens BTW looks and feels great and well made. A proper bit of kit.
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

Hey, it's digital. Just experiment. The frames cost you nothing to shoot!

David
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

Kaf kaf....grinding wheel? I'm going to have a horrible dream now about lens mounts and 4" angle grinders....OMG David tell me a nice story about something photographic quickly..... :shock:
Greg

ps 0.6M? you're right David, I was repeating what they were saying without thinking..too late, too tired. Btw Pirate you won't stand a chance of lighting the field of a fisheye lens with the popup flash, you need a good F56 or F58 aimed almost straight up at a lowish white ceiling...that might do the trick....maybe.
Pirate
Oligarch

Unread post by Pirate »

David Kilpatrick wrote:Hey, it's digital. Just experiment. The frames cost you nothing to shoot!

David
Ahoy David!

Hah ha! A little bit of this, adjust that, point, shoot and hey presto! This is going to be fun :D
Pirate
Oligarch

Samyang 8mm f/3.5 Samples

Unread post by Pirate »

Ahoy!

I've uploaded on another forum some boring initial shots with the Samyang 8mm f/3.5 and A700.

Feel free to take a peep.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/digital- ... st11479331
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Ahoy Pirate, thanks for the link - really wild fish eye effect :shock: . Great, now I have to add another lens to the "wish" list :roll: .
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.