save vivid colors as permanent setting

The Photoclubalpha team will provide answers but anyone who knows the gen can offer theirs too
fxhofmann
Acolyte

save vivid colors as permanent setting

Unread post by fxhofmann »

First of all sorry if this appears twice, tried to send the question yesterday but can't see it in the forum, so here it is once again.
Does anyone know how to set the color settings to vivid permanently? My A700 always reverts to standard when I switch it off. Since I switch it off frequently and always forget to change to vivid, the only way I found is to use raw format and to convert later.
thanks
fxhofmann
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Re: save vivid colors as permanent setting

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

You are probably using the "AUTO" setting which by default will return to factory setting each time you switch off the camera. Using RAW is a right choice IMHO, also do use either P, A, S or M. Personally I almost use A setting (75-80%) and the rest in the M setting. I don't remember using the S setting ever. As for P mode, just used it when testing the camera. In those 4 modes, whichever mode or parameters you set will remain as long as you don't change them. You could even preset and let the camera memorize on one the MR settings. Hope I answered your question.
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
fxhofmann
Acolyte

Re: save vivid colors as permanent setting

Unread post by fxhofmann »

thanks for the explanation!!!
fxhofmann